Room recommendations

awarren114

Happy Saturday everyone! I've gotten some great advice here, and now we are ready to pull the trigger and book our 6 day cruise on the Breeze 11/15/15. I'm still having trouble narrowing down a room location. We for sure want 2 connecting balcony rooms. We will be sailing for the first time and bringing our 9 and 10 year olds. Any recommendations for rooms? I'd like to be pretty centrally located (mid-ship), unless anyone has any good reasons why forward or aft would be better. I'm open to all opinions!

Happy Saturday everyone! I've gotten some great advice here, and now we are ready to pull the trigger and book our 6 day cruise on the Breeze 11/15/15. I'm still having trouble narrowing down a room location. We for sure want 2 connecting balcony rooms. We will be sailing for the first time and bringing our 9 and 10 year olds. Any recommendations for rooms? I'd like to be pretty centrally located (mid-ship), unless anyone has any good reasons why forward or aft would be better. I'm open to all opinions!

Happy Saturday backatcha. :D

I recommend Lido Deck. We booked 10277 on both Breeze and Magic. That cabin connects inside to 10279, which would be perfect for travelling with two kids. Being on the Lido Deck, we were steps from the pool and the buffet. That was very convenient for going back to the cabin with breakfast, returning for things we forgot or to use our own bathroom. I'll definitely book that cabin should we're ever lucky enough to sail a Dream class ship again.

Edited by stargate fan

Is your intention to have the 9 and 10 year olds in a room by themselves? Because if that's the case, they cannot be in a balcony stateroom.

Where did you get that info? Not true in my experience on carnival.

Copy and pasted from Carnivals FAQ:

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

You could book one adult and one child in each stateroom.

Also you need to know if the staterooms are connecting then the balcony dividers can't be opened.

It's right on Carnival's website under "Terms and Conditions: Minor Policy"

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

If they're connecting balconies, just book one adult-one child in each room. Swap it up after you get to room. It's a not a problem, unless you really have a problem with the kids doing something stupid, as far as having access to a balcony. CCL just doesn't want the liability, who could blame them?? As far as area on ship, never had a bad area. Mid ship is normally not a long walk to dinner, etc. and close to the glass elevators. But have you thought about a SCENIC OCEAN VIEW OR INSIDE CABIN WITH A VIEW?? These are found on the very front of the ship. We have a SOV on the Valor next month and are very excited. The SOV has a 8x7 foot window and have more sq footage than a balcony. And they have connecting rooms as well. But these rooms are a well kept secret and book fast. There are only a handful of this type room and not all ships have them. The INSIDE WITH A VIEW, is classified as an inside but has a window, only bad part is there is an observation deck that you would be looking out onto. BUT few people are aware of this deck so it's really not a busy area. Just a few options you might want to think about. Hope this helps.

Edited by volmoma

We were hoping to get balcony rooms, but if we have to have ocean view to be able to put the kids in a connecting room, we will.

Word of advice, don't book under the LIDO deck/pool you will hear chairs being pulled across the deck ALL hours of the night and first light of a morning. Just saying.

Thanks Stargate fan! I'm also glad you were able to decipher what I wrote because I have NO clue what I meant by that question. Jeez, I guess I shouldn't drink and internet at the same time!

That's funny, it's like me Ambien texting... I take Ambien 10mg, and if you add alcohol into the equation it's not a pretty site. 10 days and counting. Valor to the southern Caribbean here I come!![emoji267][emoji267][emoji267]

Thanks Stargate fan! I'm also glad you were able to decipher what I wrote because I have NO clue what I meant by that question. Jeez, I guess I shouldn't drink and internet at the same time!

Hey, I'm a substitute teacher and deal with 5th and 6th graders all day. I can decipher almost anything now. :D

Yea I appreciate all of the advice! I'll definitely look into those rooms volmoma.

We take our grandkids a lot, balcony adjoining and have the balcony dividers removed, never had a problem this was on the Freedom. A word of advice cove balcony dividers cannot be opened. Booked DH in 1 cabin and I booked the other, had the keys switched when boarded.