Solstice - charging privileges for kids

KrystaGali

I have read that I can put different charge cards on different room keys. Can I put a reload-able VISA on my kid's keys to keep charging down or do they have to be on a traditional card. I understand I do not have to give them privileges but I'd like to give them some sort of responsibility and ability to have some spending money when I'm not present.

I'm not sure if you can do the pre-loaded thing, because I don't think the ships computer always checks against an available balcance. But maybe someone knows better. However, you can certainly set limits and monitor those limits. You can pull of your account on the Interactive TV System to see what you have charged. You can also go to guest relations and pull up a print out. You could set up a seperate folio for the child and then you would be able to pull up on the TV the charges for that folio only.

You could do something like a $50 limit for the whole cruise, the child could be required to keep a log of his or her charges and report back to you each day the spending which could then be compared to the folio. This could be a great budgeting lesson for the child.