Jost van Dyke?

TrishaBarry

I posted this on the Tortola boards as well. We will be on the getaway in a few weeks and wanted to know what is the best way to get to Jost van dyke without booking an excursion through ncl?

Thanks for any replies

Have done it several times... the same companies that run it independently contract thru Norwegian for the Shore excursions.

Because of the distance involved and the uncertain seas... this is one excursion that you are safer to book with the ship.

Have done it several times... the same companies that run it independently contract thru Norwegian for the Shore excursions.

Because of the distance involved and the uncertain seas... this is one excursion that you are safer to book with the ship.

Thank you! I am also interested in going to JVD and was thinking about trying it on our own, but the 4pm port departure and the possibility of tendering had me a bit concerned

Thank you! I am also interested in going to JVD and was thinking about trying it on our own, but the 4pm port departure and the possibility of tendering had me a bit concerned

That's why best to book onboard... they won't leave without you that way.

We have cut it far too close in the past on some 3rd party tours. :eek:

This one does have the possibility for time risks.

We really loved Jost van Dyke. A couple of years back we went and had a great time. More often than not, we book excursions with a third party. Thankfully when we went, we booked through the cruise line. On our way back, the boat we were on lost an engine and was having a hard time fighting the waves and current. We had to go to the nearest docking location and get bussed back to the ship. They held the ship for over an hour until we arrived. Not sure they would have done that if we hadn't booked through the cruise line.

I lived in the Virgin Islands & JVD is one of the few places where I would take a ship excursion. The island has a population of less than 300 so as you can imagine resources are limited. There are few to no alternatives that would get you back to the ship on time if there was a problem with the excursion craft. It's a lovely place, but a very bad place to have a problem.

Logging into myNCL and clicking on this excursion, I get a choice of 2 different starting times- either 8:15 am or 10 am. It is supposed to be a 5 hour excursion and reading the description, it would appear that the catamaran stays with you at JVD for the whole time, so how would they work 2 different starting times?