Carnival Glory April 18-25- Review including lots of pictures!

We went to 3 Comedy shows on Thursday night.

The first was Tom Foss's pg show. It was very good and the kids and adults laughed a lot.

The second was Dwight Slade pg show. Also very funny.

The kids went back to the cabin and we stayed for Tom Foss's adult show. It was not good at all. It wasn't even funny. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

On our last sea day, Friday Morning, they held the Dr. Seuss Breakfast.

A tip- sign up for this as soon as you get on the ship. They will have a table set up in the lobby. It is $5 per person. Well worth it. While my moody 13 year old was not excited to be there, my 11 year old and 44 year old enjoyed themselves very much. As did I.

I had the steak and eggs and it was the best breakfast that I had on the entire cruise.

All the waiters were dressed in Thing shirts. All the characters came and made the rounds to all the kids and got pictures taken (the annoying photographers were lurking but mostly stood back and let people take their own pictures).

Here are some pictures:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We did the Towel Animal Folding Demonstration on our first cruise but decided to do it again. My kids had a hard time. It is not an easy thing to do.

My husband managed to make the elephant.

After the folding demonstration they had Towel Animal Theater, which is apparently only on some ships. Unless you are a small child, DO NOT STAY. It was a puppet show on a tv screen. My husband sat through it because he likes to torment our kids but my Mom and I snuck out.

After the Towel Theatre Mom and I went to do online check-in for our flights. It took us forever to find the Internet Cafe as it is in a back corner of the Ivory Cafe. The internet if very slow and kept timing out half way through the check-in. It was very frustrating and I ended up having to go back after dinner and finish when it seemed to be working better.

After lunch, we hung out at the pool and watched the Hairy Chest Contest.

It was not that nice of an afternoon for our last day. It was cloudy and cool and rained a bit. But I'm not going to complain because we had awesome weather every day of this trip up until this point.

We went to Hasbro Game Show Part II before dinner. It was entertaining.

Our final dinner was a little sad. Nobody wants to go home. And we had to say goodbye to Jovito.

I had some spicy pork loin which was really good. My husband had ravioli.

There was carrot cake and cherry pie in addition to the usual selection.

My meat and potatoes man had ordered 2 Flat Iron steaks every night. On this last night, he decided to order 3! And he ate them!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So we had an 1155 flight out of Miami Airport. I was a little stressed about this. Had anything gone wrong we could have missed that flight.

So we chose to do self disembark. At guest services the day before, I was told to go to the Amber Theatre by 715 and wait to be called. We headed down in the elevator at 7am. When the elevator door opened, we were met by Gentry who told us to turn around and go back up unless we had an early flight or a tour in Miami. I told her we did have an early flight at 1155. She replied that it was not an early flight and to go back up.

We went back up to the 4th floor elevator lobby and waited with a lot of other people. They came over the PA at 715 and said they would soon start calling self disembark by deck. Just a note...they never called for Gold Platinum, faster to the fun ever that morning. I guess they snuck them off so that others wouldn't try to mingle in.

Well at about 740 they had not called any self disembark. I noticed people starting to go back down in the elevators and not coming back so we headed down and they were directing self disembark off the ship! But they never announced it!

Anyways, we breezed through customs, got a cab no problem and were eating breakfast at Miami Airport at 825. The Westjet check-in counter wasn't even open yet! Job well done! I worried and stressed about that flight for nothing! Oh and they were playing Let It Snow in Spanish in the food court at the airport!

We were on this same cruise and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is a great location and Bubba Gump is right across the street. It will be the first restaurant you come to when you walk in Bayside Marketplace.

My husband and I walked all over San Juan when we got off the ship. I printed a walking guide off the internet before we went and we walked to El Morro and toured that and then walked all over San Juan and hit all the high points. We figured we easily walked 5-7 miles that day. We had dinner at a rooftop restaurant that I had seen very good reviews for. We got there right before sunset and it was really beautiful and the food was amazing. We didn't get back on board until about 9:30. We did talk about the fact that if our parents had been with us we would have had to do a tour probably because it was too much walking for them and a lot of the walking is uphill.

Thank you for the advice. Nice to know there is a lot of uphill walking.

You can do the tour in reverse and walk downhill. Just take the free shuttle to el morro and then walk the route back to the ship

We did the walking tour in reverse and still thought there was a lot of uphill walking. Of course, we got lost a few times so that might have been why! We walked straight to El Morro first and then walked down to the San Juan Gate. From there we walked uphill to the cathedral. We walked all over that day. We walked down to the US Coast Guard base since my son leaves for boot camp in June. He wanted us to check it out. From there we walked back uphill. We didn't mind the walking at all as we are in very good physical shape but I don't know that our 60-70 year old parents could have done that all day.