Late Flight, Yikes!

hamp65

Hello,

We are sailing on the Magic and our return flight home is at 9pm. What to do?

I know we should get to the airport early, but not that early! HA! Plus we have a 8yr old who will probably go bouncers waiting that long at the airport.

Any suggestions on what to do once we get off the cruise ship? We do not have a car so we will need to use a taxi, shuttle, or something.

My original plan was to use carnival shuttle to the airport, but I really don't want to be stuck in the airport for at least 7 hours.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I would hang out on the ship as long as possible, then take a taxi to Moody Gardens. There is an aquarium, a rainforest area with plants and animals, and a theater. Or there is Schlitterbahn, a water park. You should check out galveston.com. You might be able to rent a car in Galveston and drive it to the airport for drop off. That might be your best bet. It will be a place to store your luggage and you can go to several different places.

There is also the Pleasure Pier but it's kind of expensive. Someone mentioned on another thread that there is an excursion to the airport that stops off at NASA on the way, that might be interesting too.