Perth

sandpebble1

You can bus and train from the airport to the cruise terminal! It'll take a while though. Transperth.wa.gov.au will show you both buses and trains but in the searches I did a few times connecting buses were better than the train. There's also a Transperth app and google maps supports Transperth too.

c19bd044e7fc504ec0c4043b6f0d2118.jpg

Note. If the international terminal doesn't return any results use the domestic and there is a free inter terminal transfer bus. There was talk of a Transperth bus to international but I don't know if that's happening.

Transperth has single tickets for connections so tell the first bus driver your final destination and you can use one ticket all the way.

I will admit that public transport to the airport is not ideal in Perth but it does exist.

Edited by chrisb74

You can bus and train from the airport to the cruise terminal! It'll take a while though. Transperth.wa.gov.au will show you both buses and trains but in the searches I did a few times connecting buses were better than the train. There's also a Transperth app and google maps supports Transperth too.

c19bd044e7fc504ec0c4043b6f0d2118.jpg

Note. If the international terminal doesn't return any results use the domestic and there is a free inter terminal transfer bus. There was talk of a Transperth bus to international but I don't know if that's happening.

Transperth has single tickets for connections so tell the first bus driver your final destination and you can use one ticket all the way.

I will admit that public transport to the airport is not ideal in Perth but it does exist.

The International Airport is not near the Domestic Airport, (maybe one day :eek:) so therefore, you have to use the transfer bus from International to Domestic Airport, by the time you've waited for that, got to the Domestic - there goes at least 40 mins.

There is a shuttle from the International - here is the link - search it - it will have booking details and fares etc. - then you can train it down to Freo.

http://www.perthairportconnect.com.au/timetable.html

Edited by dizzy1948

There is no train from the airport to the Cruise Terminal. There isn't even a decent bus service - unless you book a transfer from the airport to the city - and jump on a train from there to Fremantle. Otherwise, it is a $50 - 60 taxi I fare.

Oh whoops...........left a word out - sorry :o

Edited by dizzy1948

We sort of agree. It does exist but it sucks but maybe they want a 2 hour scenic trip of Perth suburbs for about $5. :) I wouldn't do it but I see why some would, especially if you arrive in the morning and have a couple of hours to fill before cruise checkin.

We sort of agree. It does exist but it sucks but maybe they want a 2 hour scenic trip of Perth suburbs for about $5. :) I wouldn't do it but I see why some would, especially if you arrive in the morning and have a couple of hours to fill before cruise checkin.

Ha ha...........I reckon you're from Perth - or there abouts. We wouldn't do it. But why not for tourists? if they are time rich, they get to see a little of our suburbs. A saving of around $40 - 50 is not to be sniffed at.

But is it worth humping and pulling luggage from bus shed to bus shed?

Edited by dizzy1948

well we are getting off the ship in Bali for a stay at a friends resort then flying to Perth to rejoin the ship (the ship is there overnight) flight will arrive around 4pm so looking for the easiest way to get to the ship and back on board :)

well we are getting off the ship in Bali for a stay at a friends resort then flying to Perth to rejoin the ship (the ship is there overnight) flight will arrive around 4pm so looking for the easiest way to get to the ship and back on board :)

Got to be a taxi. Around $58.00 dollars - give or take. (From Swan Taxi's Calculator today) The most direct route - less hassle - point A to point B. At that time - almost "the start of rush hour" . So that would be my preferred choice in your situation. Clear Customs etc - looking at around 4.30 - 5.00pm - taxi to Freo should get you in for 6.00pm. ish

Edited by dizzy1948

• 2 weeks later...

We are also disembarking in Fremantle....We have a very late flight. We would like to tour without carrying our luggage. Any suggestions.

Are there any Aussies out there that can recommend a private tour that would look after our luggage as well. Pref pick up from cruise terminal and drop off at airport. Many thanks

Your cruise line will do tours exactly like that cens.

I've read that on another post - apparently you have to ask on the ship about the last day "day tours" as they aren't advertised - would that be right?

I have not heard that at all....I would hate to wait until I get on the cruise, it is only for a few hours and then still have to wait at the airport for 10 hours. I will call the cruise line and see what they say.

I have not heard that at all....I would hate to wait until I get on the cruise, it is only for a few hours and then still have to wait at the airport for 10 hours. I will call the cruise line and see what they say.

Try emailing these guys - they may know of someone who provides a tour service. http://www.visitfremantle.com.au/About-Fremantle/Cruise-ship-information

Or alternately get a taxi to Perth train station - leave your luggage in citiplace - as mentioned in an above posting. Sight see in Perth, go back get your luggage and jump another taxi to the airport.

Try emailing these guys - they may know of someone who provides a tour service. http://www.visitfremantle.com.au/About-Fremantle/Cruise-ship-information

Or alternately get a taxi to Perth train station - leave your luggage in citiplace - as mentioned in an above posting. Sight see in Perth, go back get your luggage and jump another taxi to the airport.

Thankyou so much dizzy 1948.... I called Princess...they do not offer anything else on the ship except a small 3 hour tour, which does nothing for me. I will check with visitfremantle...thanks