Is Nassau really that bad?

bogofman

Aggressive how? I've never been, so I'm trying to figure of they're in your face, or just talk to you a lot, or actually touch you or if they get kind of angry. I'm OK with all of those except being touched - I don't react well to that :)

Less aggressive than Liam down at the pub after a few pints, especially when your husband is in the Gents. Yes there is a story there.:D

I lived in the Caribbean & find a definite look with a firm "no thanks" before they even take a step toward you works fine.

The worst most aggressive vendors I found were in Italy, especially in Venice at St Marks.

To those that have walked to Ardastra, the pirates museum etc., how far are we talking? Its hard to tell from the various maps I've been able to find.

I'm going there in October and none of the excursions offered by the cruise line really appeal to me. I would prefer to save my money, walk around a little and enjoy the rest of the day on the ship.

Its about 40-45 minute walk from the ship to the Ardastra Zoo and Gardens. I know because that is exactly what I did numerous times, and its beats doing it from the ship. Much cheaper as well, I think $16 bucks, cruise ship charges 50. I really enjoy that place that is why I went there a few times.

The more we cruise, the less we book excursions and the more we enjoy relaxing and exploring the ports on a leisurely manner. We have been to Nassau many times and it has very little to offer us, unless we book an excursion or pay a steep cost to use the beach at one of the hotels or resorts. We much prefer to stay on the ship and enjoy its amenities when it is less crowded.

[quote name='JohnLocke2012']Will be in Nassau september 1. Anyone think this hurricane will effect my 5 night carniva conquest cruise leaving FLL August 31st?[/QUOTE]

No offense, but even the National Hurricane Center doesn't bother trying to predict that far out.

It's also not a hurricane. Edited by perditax