specialty restaurant fees on allure/oasis??

I'm a newbie with RCL. It sounds like I should wait and book my reservations if we want to eat at the specialty restaurants. We booked last month for our November cruise so we got the later dinner time. Does anyone know if it's 90 days before that dinner choices show up? I was thinking of changing to earlier for the MTD because I have younger children traveling with us. If I book MTD and decide to eat at a specialty restaurant because of the discount once we board how do I do it? Do I have to cancel the MTD onboard and book the restaurant?

If you have an MTD reservation, and you decide instead to go to a specialty restaurant, it's a good idea to call the MTD desk and tell them you don't need your reservation for that night.

Dinner choices show up whenever Royal gets around to it. There is no set time.

I'm a newbie with RCL. It sounds like I should wait and book my reservations if we want to eat at the specialty restaurants. We booked last month for our November cruise so we got the later dinner time. Does anyone know if it's 90 days before that dinner choices show up? I was thinking of changing to earlier for the MTD because I have younger children traveling with us. If I book MTD and decide to eat at a specialty restaurant because of the discount once we board how do I do it? Do I have to cancel the MTD onboard and book the restaurant?

I'm on the Nov 14 sailing and it says that online reservation can be made starting Oct 14 so it looks like it's only 30 days?? If you prefer early dining, you can still ask to be placed on the waitlist, we did that and made it off the waitlist within a month.

Coastal Kitchen is restricted to suite guests. All other restaurants have no restriction.

Giovanni's is very nice. There is pasta available but also steak, and the prosciutto wrapped chicken is delicious!

Prosciutto wrapped chicken sounds delicious! Thanks for your tip :)