What happens when you link together?

Kverlinger

I've had the Breeze booked for a few weeks now. We sail in 52 days! :D My MIL and FIL decided to come and contacted a PVP a booked an inside room on the 2nd deck. They linked our reservations together for the sake of dining, I guess. We have early seating (confirmed) and they got waitlisted. So, I guess we will be seated together at 6pm, only if they get off the wait list? Do they try to get cabins close together if linked together? I ask because we have not be assigned a room yet. When I go to do a mock booking, the only 4 person interior rooms available are on deck 8 and 9, which is fine with me. I just didn't know if since we are linked, they would try to get us closer, like in a ocean view room (which was cheaper a few days ago than the interior) or try to move them up a few decks? Not that it matters, I'm just curious what all comes with being "linked".

I've had the Breeze booked for a few weeks now. We sail in 52 days! :D My MIL and FIL decided to come and contacted a PVP a booked an inside room on the 2nd deck. They linked our reservations together for the sake of dining, I guess. We have early seating (confirmed) and they got waitlisted. So, I guess we will be seated together at 6pm, only if they get off the wait list? Do they try to get cabins close together if linked together? I ask because we have not be assigned a room yet. When I go to do a mock booking, the only 4 person interior rooms available are on deck 8 and 9, which is fine with me. I just didn't know if since we are linked, they would try to get us closer, like in a ocean view room (which was cheaper a few days ago than the interior) or try to move them up a few decks? Not that it matters, I'm just curious what all comes with being "linked".

The only benefit to linking booking numbers is dining together.

I recently booked a cruise and linked a total of 3 reservations together. I was told it was specifically for dining, but whoever assigns your cabin will try to keep you somewhat near the party that is linked to you reservation as well, of course this is based on if you all have paid for the same category cabin.

Our friends booked the same category cabin as us and they are 13 cabins away from us, and this was having cabins assigned to us. Our other friends linked with us, are 6 decks below us, and in the aft of the ship, but they did not pay for the same category cabin that we did. HTH.

We must be on the same sailing :) Last year we had two cabins , one was confirmed for early dining and the other cabin was waitlisted until we checked in the day of sailing. We were told not to worry, we would be together and we were.

We must be on the same sailing :) Last year we had two cabins , one was confirmed for early dining and the other cabin was waitlisted until we checked in the day of sailing. We were told not to worry, we would be together and we were.

Sjcruiser has a good suggestion in emailing cclsupport or John Heald before your cruise to try to confirm things the best you can.

I linked my husband's/my reservation for our January 2015 Breeze cruise with my brother's/his girlfriend's booking. We both booked balcony guarantees, so I was hoping to get assigned balconies that were near each other and to get assigned to the same table (we both had Late Dining).

When our rooms were assigned (about 35 days before sailing), my husband and I were assigned to a deck 9 balcony and my brother and his girlfriend got a cove balcony on deck 2. We had awesome rooms and it wasn't an issue that we weren't near each other, but on embarkation day, upon receiving our Sail and Sign cards, we found that we were also seated at different tables in the MDR. We stopped by to see the maitre'd during his open hours, and they were able to re-assign us to the same table.

This was the only cruise I've ever linked reservations, but initially, it didn't turn out how we thought it would. Everything worked out perfectly in the end though!

Edited by PinaCarada

We linked with my mom and sister & fam on the Liberty in November. My mom picked her OV room and my sister chose her Verandah balcony. We did the balcony guarantee and they put us next to my sister. The guest relations gal on the ship told me that they try to place guarantees next to linked cabins if they are the same room type.

Thank you all for the replies!! I went in and tried to book an excursion, and their names didn't pop up. Just our cabin. I wonder if that means we really aren't linked. My MIL did the "link" over the phone, not me. :confused:

I think I will def call soon and just make sure everything is good.