anyone renewing vows on navigator?11/5/2005

dolphinbarmy

ive been searching the threads and cannot find anyone who is renewing wedding vows on navigator of the seas!we have had the cruise booked sinde last july and have just booked through royal romance to have a renewal.we decided to do it as we didnt have the wedding we wanted first time round(7 years ago)so i have got a proper wedding dress this time and cant wait to wear it!from what i can gather the flowers are just going to be 3 long stemmed roses in either red or white,does anyone know if this is true or not.i'd love to hear from any fellow cruisers who are doing the same or have done it and would love some info.only eight weeks to go!:D :eek: :p

• 4 weeks later...

we renewed our vows on Navigator for our 35th wedding anniversary and our very FIRST cruise. If i had known in the beginning what i now know. I probably would have made different arrangements.

if you book your vow renewal and it is in certain months (September is one of them ) there is an extra $100 charge

if you are on the Voyager class of ship there is an extra $100 charge.

the 3 little white rose bouquet was pretty - if you dont mind something simple - but i went to several stores - Dollar General, craft stores etc and picked the material to make my bouquet in silk flowers and was fortunate enought to have a co worker who replicated my original bouquet - a cascade of 30 white roses.

we were not given any text of the ceremony to read and choose from. Amy has her own text. but it would have been nice to know what the content would be.

all in all i would have preferred to have known all of the little hidden things not mentioned - so i could be aware of them in the beginning.

have lots of pictures - and dear husband was very emotional about the ceremony - as who knows that we would ever get this kind of chance again.

• 2 weeks later...

will try to get pictures posted or something tomorrow

i wore a wedding gown i had purchased at a consignment store - very similar to my original gown but lot more detailed. my original gown was when i was only 89 pounds so naturally doesnt fit now.

Archived