Illusionarium @ Norwegian Getway

t2limar

Just a quick question about Illusionarium please:

Is it worth it to pay full price as we will not get the UDP?

I am also worried that we have to line up for a long time to get a good table. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I am also worried that we have to line up for a long time to get a good table. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Its worth it for the show but the food isn't very good and distracts from the show IMHO. Book it in advance and get there about 20 minutes early.

Thanks.

The show was totally worth it to us. Loved it. Will be going again when we sail in September.

Its worth it for the show but the food isn't very good and distracts from the show IMHO. Book it in advance and get there about 20 minutes early.

I think things have changed. Read some of the reviews from recent passengers on the GA. Food reviews are pretty strong and people seem to be arriving earlier.

We really enjoyed it but we also got it free with the UDP on the first night. We had to pay for our son and paid extra for premium seats. We would definitely go again and gladly pay. Personally I thought the meal was fine. It was last year so the menu may have changed. Recommend getting there 30 minutes early at minimum for a good seat.

I think things have changed. Read some of the reviews from recent passengers on the GA. Food reviews are pretty strong and people seem to be arriving earlier.

I was on the getaway on the 4/12 sailing. I went on the first night and got the 25 percent discount. The show was great and worth it. That said, the food was terrible. Luckily, we planned for that and went to the 5:30 show knowing we'd be getting our "real" dinner after the show was over (which we did). The shrimp is in a greasy buttery sauce and the steak is just not good. My wife and I had a few bites just to try it and didn't eat it. The dessert was good however.

Edit: We were in the haven so they walked us down and got us great seats so I can't speak to what time you should get there.

Edited by shapatack0

I booked a few things ahead of time. Is that needed? Tepan, and illusions. When my parents went to book the same time slot later, it said it was booked. So I guess it was good, but then I read people got it cheaper on the boat? I wanted to plan ahead since I like to do the planned stuff on at sea days, since we are usually wiped out on port days :)

We have seen the show twice. We paid the extra money both times to sit close to the stage to see all the visual happening on the ceiling. My wife and I thought the food was good. The best thing was the desert. We waited in line at least 20 minutes before the doors opened to get good seats as my wife is vertically challenged (4'8") so I wanted to make sure no one sat between her and the stage.

Steve R. from Il.