Celebrity Silhouette TransAtlantic 10 April 2016 Fort Lauderdale to United Kingdom

Second Hand Lion

We (Tony and Scott) booked this cruise after we canceled an Azmara Cruise due to the geographical tensions, then we had booked the Coral Princess for the Panama Canal transit from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles but due to the fact that Princess changed the date of that ship's high density re-fit from May 2016 to March 2016, that too was canceled. Since we were booked in April on that one as well, the ship will have changed from its original configuration and the new configuration looks horrible ... cabins added everywhere at the expense of any and almost all public spaces. I sail mostly to experience the ships so that became a "no go" very quickly after I learned of the accelerated refit.

This one should stick. We are booked Aqua Class (A2) on the penthouse deck and the price still came in less than the Panama Canal booking by a good $2K.

I'm looking forward to the 8 days at sea right out of the gate. A great amount of time to explore the ship and relax to the max.

See you all in less than a years time! :D

• 7 months later...

Hallo you two, Mario from Switzerland here! I am on the cruise as well with two friends - so you are not alone! :-) And as I know celebrity there will be more friends of Dorothy on board and the usual meeting point will be the Martin Bar, so get a drink package! LOL

If I don't check in here again before the cruise we will see us there I guess!?

Cheers and happy new year from Switzerland

• 3 months later...
Hallo you two, Mario from Switzerland here! I am on the cruise as well with two friends - so you are not alone! :-) And as I know celebrity there will be more friends of Dorothy on board and the usual meeting point will be the Martin Bar, so get a drink package! LOL

If I don't check in here again before the cruise we will see us there I guess!?

Cheers and happy new year from Switzerland

I just watched the Celebrity Silhouette sail out of Port Everglades for the last time without us on board. Our turn come Sunday!!! :D:D