Grand Princess Engine Failure on 30 Aug Cruise-Barcelona to Venice

London Lad

Stacy - I apologize if it sounded as if I thought your letter was inappropriate. As you can see by my previous post I believe in writing letters when one is deemed necessary. If I had a concern it was with some of the content and style of your letter. It was so full of all sorts of dislikes/likes that I was afraid the real gist of what you wanted Princess to respond to was going to be lost on the reader. That said, understand no one has ever elected me "Best Letter Writer" of the year and I do truly hope you get the response you want.

Stacy,

Writing the letter is a good idea. However I would offer one suggestion to make it more mathematically correct. Figure out how much the overnight lodging was, how much each meal was and how much the on-board entertainment was. Then when you deduct that you will have the fair amount to ask for. We are on the Grand in Nov. for the transatlantic so any improvements in on-board entertainment or food will be much appreciated. :-)

Best Regards,

Michelle

Hi,

It looks very much like the port motor failure is the same as the one that caused all the problems on P&O's Aurora in January this year. I believe Grand uses exactly the same 21 MW motors as Aurora. If this is true the only solution for Aurora was to cut a very large hole in her side and replace the complete motor assembly. This took 3 months to complete! I hope grands problems don't turn out to be as bad.

Ian

Archived