kids/family sail free

hlb76

Sorry if this has been asked 2415461 times. I have never posted on this board. I've only sailed Carnival but always looking to branch out. I see NCL is having a kids sail free promo plus a you pick promo. These together might end up being one heck of a deal! Though I'm not in a position to pick a date right now to cruise.

So I wondering how often do they have these types of sales?

Are they really sales or just inflating prices to call it a sale?

Any other help you can offer?

Sorry if this has been asked 2415461 times. I have never posted on this board. I've only sailed Carnival but always looking to branch out. I see NCL is having a kids sail free promo plus a you pick promo. These together might end up being one heck of a deal! Though I'm not in a position to pick a date right now to cruise.

So I wondering how often do they have these types of sales?

Are they really sales or just inflating prices to call it a sale?

Any other help you can offer?

Last year's KSF wasn't actually as good as this year's one, as this year they are also throwing in the specialty dining, drinks, service charges and an excursion credit.

Apparently this sale is actually ending today... as it has been ongoing for what seems like 6 + weeks.

As for pricing, there is some flux when they add or subtract the perks, and it does depend on the specific cruise. I had a booking BEFORE all the KSF and perks. I switched it to the current deal because it saved me a ton of $ and added three benefits I didn't already have. It was a super win:win for us!! I checked though, on my cruise the base price did not increase. Others have reported that their categories jumped a bit when this deal was announced. As I said - it depends.

If you like this deal... perhaps make a booking now. You can change or cancel if you stay outside the cutoff periods... and this deal may not come around again until next year.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

Last year's KSF wasn't actually as good as this year's one, as this year they are also throwing in the specialty dining, drinks, service charges and an excursion credit.

Apparently this sale is actually ending today... as it has been ongoing for what seems like 6 + weeks.

As for pricing, there is some flux when they add or subtract the perks, and it does depend on the specific cruise. I had a booking BEFORE all the KSF and perks. I switched it to the current deal because it saved me a ton of $ and added three benefits I didn't already have. It was a super win:win for us!! I checked though, on my cruise the base price did not increase. Others have reported that their categories jumped a bit when this deal was announced. As I said - it depends.

If you like this deal... perhaps make a booking now. You can change or cancel if you stay outside the cutoff periods... and this deal may not come around again until next year.

Thanks... I'm always a day late and a dollar short. lol Our issue is now that our son is in high school pulling him out is way harder to catch up. We cruise in the winter as a needed break from the MN winters. His school has cut back so much on days off and we try to plan vacation around him having a short week at school. We normally cant afford to go over Christmas break and they really don't get a Spring break either just a day sometimes 2 around Easter. I cant wait til he is out of school and my hubby and I can travel with out such restrictions. Though we will miss the kids sailing with us eventually :)

No. There is a schedule. Depends on how long the cruise is & what type of cabin you booked.

http://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

I was reading this and it confused me. So if we cancel before 90 days out ( not getting a suite or haven) we are out nothing. But the closer it gets they start with you loosing your deposit, then goes up

Try looking for one the week of Martin Luther King Day, if your son gets it off. January usually a lower cost than other months and it is the perfect time to get away from Minnesota! Just make sure it is not finals week for the end of the semester.

President's Day is also an option, but a little more expensive than January.

Just so you know, if you book and the price goes down between booking date and 90 days before sail, you can call (or your travel agent can, if you have one) and get your price reduced. Or if a nicer cabin's price lowers, you can upgrade for little or no cost. (It's like Early Saver but ends 90 days out instead of 2.) If a better promotion comes up you can switch to it.

At least if you don't get to book the current deal, it will give you time to read up on all the ship reviews, posts and watch YouTube videos to see which ship will be best for your family.

Good luck on getting a great deal and having a wonderful time!

We've also only sailed Carnival previously. We were willing to try something new and are lucky enough to live within three hours of two port cities serving a total of five cruise lines. We ran the numbers and, even with our past guest rates on Carnival, NCL's KSF beat their best price for a comparable stateroom and itinerary by nearly $800...and that's NOT including the UBP. :D

Edited by existential monkey

Try looking for one the week of Martin Luther King Day, if your son gets it off. January usually a lower cost than other months and it is the perfect time to get away from Minnesota! Just make sure it is not finals week for the end of the semester.

President's Day is also an option, but a little more expensive than January.

Just so you know, if you book and the price goes down between booking date and 90 days before sail, you can call (or your travel agent can, if you have one) and get your price reduced. Or if a nicer cabin's price lowers, you can upgrade for little or no cost. (It's like Early Saver but ends 90 days out instead of 2.) If a better promotion comes up you can switch to it.

At least if you don't get to book the current deal, it will give you time to read up on all the ship reviews, posts and watch YouTube videos to see which ship will be best for your family.

Good luck on getting a great deal and having a wonderful time!

he literally gets 2 days off between Christmas break and Easter. One day is in Jan at end of quarter. He can't miss the end as its finals week. And missing the first week of new classes is rough too. Then he has a day early March! which we might be leaning towards but not sure I want a Spring Break cruise or pay Spring Break prices for everything!!

We missed the sale anyway so back to looking at other options. Maybe we don't get a vacation? ? Maybe we just get a shorter one and take full advantage of the weekend.

We've also only sailed Carnival previously. We were willing to try something new and are lucky enough to live within three hours of two port cities serving a total of five cruise lines. We ran the numbers and, even with our past guest rates on Carnival, NCL's KSF beat their best price for a comparable stateroom and itinerary by nearly $800...and that's NOT including the UBP. :D

That's awesome!!! Wish I had seen the sale before the last day where I could do some better shopping!!