Zuiderdam - Formal Nights and Dutch Night?

MikeInPgh

We are trying to plan out what night to go to the PInnacle grill. We don't want to go on a formal night (the second night and the second to last night right? that being Sunday and Thursday in this case I think). Do they still do Dutch night? Have seen the older menus from Dutch night and to be hinest, not too appealing. Thought if they still did Dutch night that it would be the best night for us to go to the Grill.

Thanks

Mike

I was on the Prinsendam for 28 days in Nov/Dec 2004. There was no dutch night either. We had a wonderful chef who came through the dinning room every couple of nights and I asked him about dutch night. He said we were not going to have any. I told him that the one item I missed on dutch night were the pastry shells filled with creamed chicken. Well much to my suprise and enjoyment a day later they appeared on the lido breakfast bar, and continued to be a choice through out the rest of the cruise. In fact the chef asked that if anybody had a favorite reciepe to give it to him and they would ship size it and put it on the menu. That happened a couple of times with the person giving the reciepe getting credit on the menu. It was interesting and fun.:)

If you're on the Eastern itinerary, your formal nights will be on the sea days--Monday and Thursday. Lobster was served on the second formal night (which I missed, as I was in the Pinnacle). I'd guess that the Western itinerary also does formal nights on the sea days?

I recall a Dutch entree being offered one evening, possibly Tuesday if I'm remembering right, but there was not a Dutch theme night.

We were on the Zuiderdam in August and there was not a dutch night. And formal nights were Sunday and Thursday, the at sea days. So you can make your plans accordingly.

We were on Zuiderdam August 20th sailing and there was a Dutch night. The Dutch night was on the same night they had the Caribbean Deck Party. They served Caribbean menu in the dining room on the next night. Also, there was not barbaque on deck any night. Cutbacks?

We were on Zuiderdam August 20th sailing and there was a Dutch night. The Dutch night was on the same night they had the Caribbean Deck Party. They served Caribbean menu in the dining room on the next night. Also, there was not barbaque on deck any night. Cutbacks?

Just got back on Saturday from a Zuidy eastern sailing. They had an on deck BBQ with all the Pina Coladas you could drink ($11 per person, I think). Marti

Archived