Obstructed view?

I booked an interior room with a window but with an obstructed view. What exactly does that mean? Is it really a window? Any pics of what it looks like is appreciated :)

Is it the Legend,Pride or Miracle? If not ignore this post. :)

If it is an interior french door which is a 4K it will be like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT74SaxNDD5UtvhkO3H45qyYpiVX665d_9Ej8KVxwTpTbLn8RGk

The doors open for fresh air and a bit of light but you cannot step out. If you are lucky you might get one in between lifeboats then it may be a view like this:

2n1xegi.jpg

Edited by Velvetwater

If it is at the front of the ship, it will be a large window that opens onto the "secret deck". There is a metal railing around the front of the ship that is about shoulder height on me - about 41/2 feet high. Others can access this deck, and it is a passage way for crew so if you need privacy, you will need to close your curtains. We were in one of these rooms on the Triumph and loved the location and having daylight in our room.

We booked 7206 interior w obstructed view on triumph we sail tomorrow so worried that its a bad room w no sofa n table i have only booked balconies and suites so this worries me but friend was on tight budget

There was a fairly recent review that had pics of a 4J on the sunshine, if you do a search for Sunshine 4J you will find it. I also just booked this category based on that review! I will try to find it and post a link if I am able to get on a computer later.

**upddate, here is the link with the review and pictures of the 4J: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2169332

Edited by AnnaBeth

We booked 7206 interior w obstructed view on triumph we sail tomorrow so worried that its a bad room w no sofa n table i have only booked balconies and suites so this worries me but friend was on tight budget

According to Carnival's deck plans you are correct about no sofa and table. However, it looks pretty roomy. And it has a window to let in the sunlight. The bathroom looks a little larger than normal too. I hope that you will still have a good cruise.

This is what they look like. Very spacious. You have a real window, but it faces to the public observation deck on the front of the boat. You will be able to see the sky and the mountains when in port, as well as the ocean at see, but they view is obstructed. The advantage to this room is two fold, A) you're very close to said observation deck and it's yours to enjoy, and B) at an ultra low price! :D You'll love this.

07-DSCN0283_zps43024f42.jpg

PS- another poster mentioned what they look like on Pride, Legend, and Miracle. This is what they will look like on Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory (pictured), Valor, Liberty, Freedom, and Splendor. I believe the Dream and Sunshine class have different color schemes. But it's a great room!

A 4J on the Sunshine is one of the best cabins on the ship.

It is new.

It has a mini fridge.

It is 220 square feet and has a sofa, and I think a little larger shower

The window opens on to part of the Promenade Deck. There are few cabins down on the Lobby Deck, but they are close to the Shore excursions desk and Ship Services. The lobby opens to the Walkway....with lounge chairs and such out there.

The port side is a smoking area, but none of the reviews speak of smote. Most say few people, in any come down that way.

YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT CABIN. And good for you.......Enjoy!

read the cabin reviews on Cruise Critic to confirm how much people loved them.

I am tickled pink that I snagged one. And grateful for the information I found on the cabin on this board.

Edited by AmberTeka

Amberteka or others, have you actually sailed in a 4j on Sunshine deck 3? I am wondering where the door to the outside promenade is located, particularly on the port side. Is there a door at the front of the hallway, very forward of the ship? Or do you have to walk through the lobby to get out to that outside walkway?