Excursions offered at E. Caribbean ports?

qchunter

We are looking at the excursions for our Eastern Caribbean and l wanted to know from those that have been there, are excursions offered at all the ports that are not carnival excursions where we can book it there? We are planning on booking something through Carnival but don't want to book everything through carnival as we might want to do something different by the time we get to that port.

I know on our Alaska cruise, there were booths at every stop with excursions. I'm just not to sure what to expect as these ports seem smaller. We are going to half moon cay bay, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

Thanks

We just did that itinerary on the Glory and we had a fantastic time! We did no scheduled excursions. Half Moon Cay - we just enjoyed the beach. Grand Turk - walked down to Jack's Shack and enjoyed the beach. San Juan - walked to El Morro and then had dinner reservations at Marmalade (#1 restaurant in Old San Juan). St. Thomas - we got off the boat and wondered around until someone lured us to take his mountaintop trip. It was $20 per person and he waited till he had a truck full (20 or so). It was well worth it. He showed us each side of the island and stopped so we could take pictures in about 4 different places. He dropped us back off near the ship, we changed real quick and took a taxi downtown to go shopping. It was great. Have fun!!

I have taken this trip and there are plenty of non carnival excursions. We did a Segway your in San Juan that was fun and a snorkeling trip with lunch provided in Grand Turk. Both thru independent companies that I set up beforehand. But if you want to play it by ear there are many companies waiting when you get off the boat

I always check the Port of Call boards on Cruise Critic. Over the years, we've been able to book wonderful (reliable!) non-Carnival excursions based on advise from fellow cruisers.