Question About Those L-shaped Cabins

sc4125

I'm going to be booking the Conquest (or the Glory) sometime today. I've been on bunches of CCL ships, but have never managed to get one of the L-shaped cabins & it's available on both the sailings I'm looking at in July.

The question - I know the balcony will be much longer than normal (which excites me), but they appear to be located right at a stairway that I'm sure is used by staff. Can anyone tell me whether these rooms are noisy? I would love the larger balcony, but wanted to make sure I'm not being woken at 6:00 in the morning with staff going up & down the stairs.

They are not noisy. We have been in the L shaped on 3 cruises on Freedom. The negative is you don't have a couch, only a chair. But they usually have a lounger on the balcony.

The stairway is for crew. Also, it can be used during the Muster Drill. We never heard anyone on the stairs at night.

I would love to hear more about these L shaped cabins too since we are booked in one on the Conquest in July! We've never had an aft cabin before and my only concern is that there will be a lot more motion back there as opposed to a mid-ship or forward cabin. My daughter takes meclizine twice a day while cruising (which works perfectly for her as she is prone to motion sickness). We've only ever stayed mid-ship or forward and I'm a bit nervous there will be a lot more motion aft so any information would help me too! Otherwise I am SO excited having the bigger balcony!!:D

Edited by kristabella

KC is right. We have an L shaped booked on the Freedom for Feb and confirmed with Carnival that it is only used during drills.

Video of room is posted here not too long ago, really informative, but don't remember the poster.

I'm going to be booking the Conquest (or the Glory) sometime today. I've been on bunches of CCL ships, but have never managed to get one of the L-shaped cabins & it's available on both the sailings I'm looking at in July.

The question - I know the balcony will be much longer than normal (which excites me), but they appear to be located right at a stairway that I'm sure is used by staff. Can anyone tell me whether these rooms are noisy? I would love the larger balcony, but wanted to make sure I'm not being woken at 6:00 in the morning with staff going up & down the stairs.

Love these cabins!

We were in 6442 on the Conquest -- if you are not a night-owl, it was pure hell.

It is right over the stage of the comedy club -- when the acts changed the cabin virtually shook. Karaoke nights were bad also, but the comedy was the worst.

Great cabin otherwise -- especially if you stay out until; 1:00 am or so. We had friends right over us on deck 7 -- they had no issues.

We should have known better, after 30+ cruises you'd think we could read a deck plan. We saw it, but we were traveling with friends, and really wanted the larger balcony. We never dreamed it could have been as bad as it was.

We received compensation from Carnival.

Please disregard blanket statements that they are all fine.

I have an L shaped booked on the Dream on Deck 6. I know I am above the comedy club but we stay out late anyway so that will not be an issue for us. The couch is also not a concern, I think one of us sat on the couch in our previous rooms maybe one time. We prefer to just relax on the bed.

I have an L shaped booked on the Dream on Deck 6. I know I am above the comedy club but we stay out late anyway so that will not be an issue for us. The couch is also not a concern, I think one of us sat on the couch in our previous rooms maybe one time. We prefer to just relax on the bed.

It's great to relax on the bed looking straight out through the large windows :)

We didn't miss the couch either

Our L-shaped cabin on the Triumph had a couch and no noise problems. We were on Deck 6. The bed faced away from the windows in our room. The balcony was double sized in my estimation. It was a fantastic set up!

Have to agree with above post, the room is great but the deck location can make a difference. We were in one on the Conquest on deck 7 and it was perfect, no extra movement at all and great location to lido deck. We also booked one on the Sunshine this fall for Bermuda, on deck 7, hope it will be the same. Conquest has no couch but Sunshine does. Can't say that we missed the couch though, we just sat back on the bed and looked out the windows, perfect set up. The long balcony is great and the lounger makes up for the couch :D

We had an L-Shape twice so far. Deck 6 on they Glory. No problems with the Comedy shows that was one deck down. We were on Deck 7 for the Dream. No issues due to rooms beneath us. Currently we have an L-shape on the Conquest (Deck 7 for B2B).

We had 6481 on the Conquest.

The cabin rattled, like the ceiling supports were rubbing to each other. (We were in 2470 the week previous and had no issues.)

Never heard a sound from the stairwell or anywhere else.

Bed faced the window. Should say the bed faced the wall between the windows.

Only one nightstand, so we used the chair as another nightstand.

No sofa.

Only caveat about this cabin was the bathroom access for 6483 was next to our closet. If they had a toilet issue, the plumber would need to access our cabin to reset the valve.

Edited by SadieN

We had one of the L-shaped rooms on the Glory on 6. Never heard any noise from the stairs, and only heard noise from the lounge below when we were in the hallway. We will be in one on the port side on the Valor later this week, and I think it is right over the stage, so we'll see how that works out.

Other than that, we love the extra room on the balcony, and how out of the way it is. You can be in bed and look out of the large picture window to the balcony and the sea beyond. The lack of the couch didn't bother us, but it does take away extra seating. The bathroom is actually in the room next to the bed instead of in the entry hall, so be prepared for that.

We were in 6442 on the Conquest -- if you are not a night-owl, it was pure hell.

It is right over the stage of the comedy club -- when the acts changed the cabin virtually shook. Karaoke nights were bad also, but the comedy was the worst.

Great cabin otherwise -- especially if you stay out until; 1:00 am or so. We had friends right over us on deck 7 -- they had no issues.

We should have known better, after 30+ cruises you'd think we could read a deck plan. We saw it, but we were traveling with friends, and really wanted the larger balcony. We never dreamed it could have been as bad as it was.

We received compensation from Carnival.

Please disregard blanket statements that they are all fine.

We had exactly the same experience with room 6473 on the Conquest (same room, the other side of the ship). The room was great until the shows started. We could here the words to the Karaoke songs and understand many of the jokes from the comedy show.

We were not near the stage but the sound came from ceiling mounted speakers. We didn't have any noise in the same cabin 6363 on the Destiny so didn't expect it on the Conquest. The Sunshine will not have that potential problem in those cabins any more because they replaced the lounge with cabins and moved the lounges into the show room area.

Never heard a sound from the stairs though on either ship and we otherwise really enjoyed the cabin and the balcony. We have another one booked on the Sunshine at the end of the month, but on deck 7.

One small catch though having the bathroom next to the bed instead of in the hall. The light switch is outside the door so there is no way to go in and out at night without lighting up the bed. We put a rechargeable nightlight in the bathroom outlet and it provided enough light for going at night without waking up your cabin mate. It needs to be rechargeable (or otherwise battery powered) because the outlet is not powered when the light is off, but the nightlight will recharge when the light is on, or you can recharge it at the desk outlet.

We have had this type cabin twice now. Love them...we had a couch, but we too have 6442 on the Conquest next month (b2b) and we are so happy it was available. No couch in that cabin but we seldom use. We enjoy the larger balcony. Also, a note about the light switch being on the outside we also learned to bring two of the tealights (2 to a pack at the dollar store) it was all the light we needed at night and easy to pack. They last all week. I didn't notice any noise on any of our cabins, but we were out until midnight or after most nights so that would be the only concern in my opinion. Have a wonderful cruise.

Have had this cabin on:

Glory 7439

Conquest 6473

Liberty 6542

Liberty 7439

Triumph 6432

Only Triumph had a sofa. Preferred 7th floor as the noise at night when on the 6th was louder because of the lounges under us, but frankly loved them all. Actually not enough to keep us from booking 6th floor again. Loves us some L shape!

Also, never heard a sound from the crew stairs, but love being aft and much less foot traffic by cabin.