Uber LA

elsbarre

We fly in Saturday to LAX. I was thinking Uber from LAX to Long Beach for a carnival cruise. We land at 11:45 am and have FTTF. Flying in virgin America. We take off at 1:00 pm on May 16. Flying out delta. Should we have an issue with uber? I have never used uber but the price wasn't bad.

What's the price Uber is quoting?

LAX-Long Beach taxi is around $75,

Long Beach to LAX is taxi flat rate $68, shared shuttle is $17/pp. IIRC Execucar is $55 either way.

UberX is restricted to the number of cars they can have pick up from the airport drive in LAX. The ProTip is to take the Lot C parking shuttle and have them pick you up there. Way more cars / shorter wait.

I have never used uber. My only fear is landing and not having any cars to take us... I figured worst case we would take a taxi and end up paying more. Not the end of the world I suppose

what service shuttle company is $17 pp from lax to long beach..that sounds like a steal and I am in nor rush.

I think it's Super Shuttle they're referring to: (http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/LGBAirportShuttleLongBeach.aspx)

We've used them several times and were very satisfied. You may have to take the "long way 'round", but you'll see parts of LA you wouldn't see otherwise :) ! We paid $17.00 pp from LAX to Long Beach. It took about an hour and a half to two hours.

I think it's Super Shuttle they're referring to: (http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/LGBAirportShuttleLongBeach.aspx)

We've used them several times and were very satisfied. You may have to take the "long way 'round", but you'll see parts of LA you wouldn't see otherwise :) ! We paid $17.00 pp from LAX to Long Beach. It took about an hour and a half to two hours.

To each his own, but there is no way I would take a shuttle from LAX to Long Beach.:) For $21 more I take a town car.:)

To each his own, but there is no way I would take a shuttle from LAX to Long Beach.:) For $21 more I take a town car.:)

Who do you use for a town car?

How long is the drive? Not on a shuttle.

Who do you use for a town car?

How long is the drive? Not on a shuttle.

Whenever we fly into LAX, we always use ontime1.com for transportation to San Pedro or Long Beach.

It appears that their rates have gone up slightly to $65 for the vehicle rental Still the only way to go for us, and still way better than a shuttle where you may spend up to two hours traveling.

Time from LAX to Long Beach is usually about 35-45 minutes depending on traffic. :)

We lived in the area for 35 years so I think my calculations are fairly accurate.:)