Truth or rumor: private tours will not run while RC ship is in port at St Kitts?

My understanding is the only Zip Line on St Kitts has contracted with the cruise lines and does not do private tours for passengers. When at St Kitts the last 2 years there were no private Zip line tours available. We did do a sailing with Myles at Nevis Yacht Charter. He was wonderful. Just search Trip advisor for him.

We did the zip line on St. Kitts and booked through RCI. It was the same price (95/pp) as the Labadee zipline and we figured it was more of an experience since you can do multiple zips on the way down the mountain. I don't usually book many tours through the cruiseline, but we didn't have a choice with this one. Even the website noted that if you were on a cruise, you needed to book through the cruiseline.

When I was toying with the logistics of potentially booking on my own, I couldn't figure out how to factor in the ground transportation piece, which RCI includes in the price. I feel we got a great value for the money.

As a practical note, if they did offer it privately you'd have a devil of a time getting a slot. Each group had 10 people and their schedule board made it pretty clear that Grandeur of the Seas was their only customer.

Thanks, for the link. That is what I had always found before. But, today, I couldn't find anything for St. Kitts.

RC website!:rolleyes:

Edit: Now, I feel stupid. I was looking for St.Kitts under "S". It was listed as Bastierre, under "B".

Edited by luvscruising2007

We did the zip line on St. Kitts and booked through RCI. It was the same price (95/pp) as the Labadee zipline and we figured it was more of an experience since you can do multiple zips on the way down the mountain. I don't usually book many tours through the cruiseline, but we didn't have a choice with this one. Even the website noted that if you were on a cruise, you needed to book through the cruiseline.

When I was toying with the logistics of potentially booking on my own, I couldn't figure out how to factor in the ground transportation piece, which RCI includes in the price. I feel we got a great value for the money.

As a practical note, if they did offer it privately you'd have a devil of a time getting a slot. Each group had 10 people and their schedule board made it pretty clear that Grandeur of the Seas was their only customer.

good to know...we also are considering ziplining. Its not listed now, hopefully they will add it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We were in St Kitts last Feb and had no issues booking a tour. In fact I booked a private tour several months before the cruise. We were picked up on the pier and taken to a catamaran. We only had 8 people on board. Two snorkeling stops. :cool:

Do you remember the name of the company you used?