Adventure - southern back to back cruise

Has anyone booked Harrison's Caves in Barbados on their own? Costs $30.30US but is there a long taxi ride making it not worthwhile as opposed to the ship's tour?

St. Kitts: Has anyone taken the $25 Grey's tour? It says 6 hrs but most of that would be beach time I think. Basseterre and Cockleshell Beach is the agenda.

I second the vote for Royston tours. We did this a couple weeks ago and it was the best tour we've ever done on any island we've ever visited. It took us from not really liking St. Kitts to making it our favorite island.

He is an independent and just has an old Toyota van with the windows out of it. I think his van has like 300K miles on it. It's an interesting tour in many ways. For example, he took us out to the jungle and turned off the engine and just sat there for a minute. We asked what was going on and he said he just thought we should listen to the silence and jungle sounds for a while. Then, we went to beach and drove right onto the beach and along the water. He made another stop at an incredible view. He said no one goes there, but he thought it would be a great place to build a house.

We saw some breathtaking ocean views and places on the island that are not all touristy. At one point he stopped in a sugar cane field and whacked down a few stalks. Then we ended up at Blackrock (a typical tourist stop), but he let us feed the donkeys (including a really cute baby) from inside the van. They loved the sugar cane and were very happy to see his van coming.

If you want something really interesting and different I highly recommend Royston. If you just want a big air conditioned bus with a bunch of tourists he's not likely a good fit. We'd go again in a heartbeat.

http://www.roystontoursstkitts.com/

Also, on Aruba the http://www.kukookunuku.com/ bus was a blast. It has a nice beach visit as well. It's crazy and fun and you don't even have to drink to act drunk. I think this tour is available from RCI as well. We love just having a crazy good fun time.

Tom

In St. Kitts, we toured with Royston but I have heard people have had a hard time getting him to respond lately. He took us all over the island. And when I say all over, I mean ALL over - TOP to bottom. His tour was like $45 (5 years ago) and lasted all day, included admission to Brimstone Fort, lunch/drinks, and time at a beach. We tipped him $15 p/p bc we thought he did such a good job. He is on trip advisor.

We're visiting San juan, Charlotte Amalie(St Thomas), St Kitts, aruba, Curacao, st croix, St Maarten, St johns (Antigua), St Lucia and Barbados.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I would HIGHLY recommend using Thenford Grey tours while in St Kitts. We used him last year for the island tour and he is so informative and you get to see so much of the island. You will end up at the beach, but this is possibly the best tour I have ever taken while on a cruise. We like him so much that we are using him again on our cruise in 3 weeks. His name is Thenford Grey. If you google him you will see all of the amazing reviews about him and his tours. Let me know if you have any questions, as I would be happy to answer them. I have been to all of the above ports and am going back to some of them in 3 weeks.