Celebrity - Why Confuse Us?

Oxo

So, the opinion is that it is not Celebrity's fault due to not disseminating timely/correct information that is the root of the confusion. It is the people who post on these boards/forums?

How can we say that people who don't post on these forums are not confused, when we don't even know what or who they are and how they think?

Instant gratification may also be a factor?

Doesn't Celebrity have any cause or blame in this?

I have read most all the comments on the many Beverage pkg threads, and find them perplexing. Most of those confused were given the pkg as a perk and have no out of pocket $$ in the hunt. So what if the cost to buy the pkg increased, most did not. The coverage cap remained in place. Nothing confusing to my understanding.

The dinning arrangements for the suites is a work in progress and will evolve a few more times before things are etched in stone. It is not like anyone in a suite won't have a place to sit and stuff their face, but you would think it was so after reading some of the comments. I realize those booking an upper level cabin are investing a good size sum of funds. And I complement them on wise investment choices that allow them to travel in that fashion. But some of the statements are, unbelievable.

The world will not stop spinning if someone has to be served their crumpets in the slug MDR sitting by someone traveling in an inside cabin.

So if that room is the deal breaker, it is a sad state of affairs.

Sometimes I wish Cruise Critic had a "like" button.

So, the opinion is that it is not Celebrity's fault due to not disseminating timely/correct information that is the root of the confusion. It is the people who post on these boards/forums?

How can we say that people who don't post on these forums are not confused, when we don't even know what or who they are and how they think?

Instant gratification may also be a factor?

Doesn't Celebrity have any cause or blame in this?

Sure they do but people here post things that they "heard" somewhere and Celebrity may not even have their statement together yet. Everyone is chomping at the bit to get the info and then they are unhappy if something they heard wasn't fully formed or correct. You say they are not distributing things in a timely manner but who's time frame is it?

I don't get excited about anything that is posted here until a little time goes by and we really have all the facts. Most policy changes and new concepts take a little time to sort out but with the age of the computer and instant messaging it seems it's almost impossible for a business to win. People want the answer NOW and maybe it would be best if they could wait and make sure they have their final decision. The problem is someone leaks some info and they are backed into the corner to give answers too soon.

The thing that's really amusing to me is that people rant and rave and then when they do get an answer that probably would have been the same whether they did that or not, they think they have saved the cruising world because of what has been said here.

Edited by Ma Bell

This is a quote from Celebrity website. "Starting this April, Suite Class guests will be indulged with a new and exclusive restaurant—Luminae. Offering complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Luminae is a culinary experience of modern, eclectic cuisine and extraordinary service that will remind you (and your taste buds) that there’s no better way to vacation than as a Celebrity Cruises Suite Class guest. Luminae offers a deliciously exclusive dining experience like no other."

It does not say starting in April, but we dont plan on getting our act together until a month later. If a company is adverting 3 meal per day in Luminae then they need to do it. If that means overtime and long hours for their employees the company must comply and pay. Would I feel for the staff yes. But my thoughts would go back to Celebrity.

In life most problems seem to come down to lack of communication.

As to the drink packages. Not all get it for free. And nothing is really free. For myself I went to a bar and ask for a drink and got one.

MaBell - Thanks for being a voice of reason regarding this topic! I firmly believe that some folks here want instant gratification and if they don't have it then damn Celebrity. I have seen posters indicate to the Celebrity Rep that they need to answer their question immediately and regardless of the answer they are not satisfied. Believe it or not there are also a few on this board that I believe exaggerate situations and create scenarios that would purposely stump the Celebrity Rep. Yes there are pot stirrers!

Maybe the reason I don't get too excited about some of the "issues" here on the board is they don't apply to me. I could really give two cents about dining in Luminae, maybe some day when I am triple special extra elite I might care. I received the drink package as part of my 123. When I upgraded one package for the last 3 days I asked the price and I felt the cost appropriate. Tips ?, doesn't apply as my travel agent pays those for me.

Remember the folks on these message boards are a very vocal minority to the cruise line, maybe 5-10% of any given cruise may have active Cruise Critic Members aboard. So I don't believe this forum is a major source for Celebrity to get information to their guests.

Why does it have to be somebody's fault? Am I just to apathetic or complacent?

Cheers!

Ken

PS - I am a Princess Cheerleader! :eek:

I don't find any of it confusing. If there wasn't so much speculation about everything before anyone really has a concrete answer, people wouldn't be confused. It's the need for instant gratification that is the problem. Take a deep breath.

Standing in the same line again!:D

This is a quote from Celebrity website. "Starting this April, Suite Class guests will be indulged with a new and exclusive restaurant—Luminae. Offering complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Luminae is a culinary experience of modern, eclectic cuisine and extraordinary service that will remind you (and your taste buds) that there’s no better way to vacation than as a Celebrity Cruises Suite Class guest. Luminae offers a deliciously exclusive dining experience like no other."

It does not say starting in April, but we dont plan on getting our act together until a month later. If a company is adverting 3 meal per day in Luminae then they need to do it. If that means overtime and long hours for their employees the company must comply and pay. Would I feel for the staff yes. But my thoughts would go back to Celebrity.

In life most problems seem to come down to lack of communication.

As to the drink packages. Not all get it for free. And nothing is really free. For myself I went to a bar and ask for a drink and got one.

I was actually on Reflection in April. They didn't have every meal every day but as far as I was concerned I could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there. Brunch menus had breakfast and lunch food, so your choice. I also knew that they were still working on menus and asking for feedback from customers. That wasn't surprising to me.

The ship was there and operating for years before establishing this new venue. It's not like a land based restaurant where they can do a soft opening with friends and family and then continue to operate for weeks and sometimes months, working out the kinks, before their Grand Opening. It's especially difficult when people are snooping around, posting photos and wishing they would open even earlier than what they had planned.

Personally, I think they did a great job considering the limited time they had to actually have the venue open. There were obviously things that needed to be tweaked and I'm sure they are continuing to do so. I think they did a fine job of communicating with the people who were actually there.

MaBell - Thanks for being a voice of reason regarding this topic!

Remember the folks on these message boards are a very vocal minority to the cruise line, maybe 5-10% of any given cruise may have active Cruise Critic Members aboard. So I don't believe this forum is a major source for Celebrity to get information to their guests.

Cheers!

Ken

:eek:

With 2400-2600 pax on any given sailing, and a CC Roll Call has 70-80-90 maybe 100 posters the %'s are much lower. Yet we here on CC, are the salvation of the cruise consumer, right.

We now know who the 3 cheerleaders are. LOL Since you are not confused, don't worry about it. Celebrity is never wrong, they always deliver and you are satisfied. What more can you say.

Why don't you go and read all the previous 127 postings that were done over the past two days and that should answer your question. Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207822

I have read it. I did not see an announcement from Celebrity confirming any change in gratuities. I have seen the myriad of posts talking about a change, but no press release or acknowledgement on that thread confirming a change. Perhaps I've missed it. If so, I apologize.

If not, again I ask, what has CElebrity said regarding gratuities that has confused you? Or maybe you just want to prove your original point that Celecrity is confusing you.

We now know who the 3 cheerleaders are. LOL Since you are not confused, don't worry about it. Celebrity is never wrong, they always deliver and you are satisfied. What more can you say.

And we pretty much know who those are who the naysayers are.

Why are those with opposing opinions to the O.P. labeled as "Cheerleaders" ?

Aren't we all free to express an opinion within the policies of the Forum ?

Does it add any weight to an argument to put a derogatory label on those who disagree ?

I'd suggest IMHO that having to resort to labeling shows the weakness of the position

Edited by WpgCruise

Why don't you go and read all the previous 127 postings that were done over the past two days and that should answer your question. Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207822

You know, I responded to your suggestion, apologized if I was wrong, then saw your snippy next remark. Real nice.

I'll ask you again, what has Celebrity said regarding tips that has you so confused?

But yet you are the Elite Plus. Which takes more than double the amount of time and money spent with the Co than us who have yet to cruise at the Elite level. Hummmmm?

Edited by wallie5446

You know, I responded to your suggestion, apologized if I was wrong, then saw your snippy next remark. Real nice.

I'll ask you again, what has Celebrity said regarding tips that has you so confused?

I don't know why you thought this was a snippy remark.

'So, let's move on. I have stated my opinion, you have stayed yours. Thanks.'

I was just trying to end the back and forth.

Just like you are asking why I am confused. I am not, I am stating that many people are confused based upon what I read and how many people have different interpretations/responses to the 3 sited subjects.

I tell it as I see and read it. People are confused based on their responses. Celebrity does not put out timely info. That is my position and you can take that to the bank. LOL

But yet you are the Elite Plus. Which takes more than double the amount of time and money spent with the Co than us who have yet to cruise at the Elite level. Hummmmm?

Your right, Elite +, Diamond + and Elite on Princess. Sooooooooo. I am not tied to any line. Maybe some day you will become Elite. That is your choice. Now, lets stop this back and forth.

Your right, Elite +, Diamond + and Elite on Princess. Sooooooooo. I am not tied to any line. Maybe some day you will become Elite. That is your choice. Now, lets stop this back and forth.

Your correct, let's stop the back n forth as the true cheerleader speak's with their wallet. If this is what sailing with an Elite member of the Capt Club, Crown n Anchor, or Capt Circle is like, we will pass.

THIS is snippy.