Camp Carnival vs Adventure Ocean

hschlink

Hello All,

I’m looking for feedback from parents who have had children ages 9-11 at both Adventure Ocean and Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean. I’d like to know the biggest differences between the two (good and bad). We are trying to decided which cruise line to go with and this will be a large factor…I want my kids to enjoy going!

Thanks again :D

We have a 10 Yr old DD(almost 11). Between 9 years old and present, we have been on 6 cruises. We have been on RCCL, NCL, and Carnival. She loves kids club on all of them. We mainly use kid's club as a "Fill in" activity. She mostly goes for a few hours in the evening. We all go to dinner, she orders and eats immediately, and in between courses, my husband or I will take her to kid's club. We finish dinner and see a show or walk around and then pick her up a few hours later - everyone happy!

I can't think of any glaring differences between them. We have loved and not cared for very specific activities or workers here and there, but nothing stands out over all.

This is just my opinion, but I would choose a ship based on the kids club if my kids were younger or spent LOTS of time there. The newer ships have so much for 9-11 to do, I can't imagine her wanting to go inside for hours at a time during the day. For us, if our DD has a great time, we do as well. I think at this age, it's more about the ship you choose. I know people rave about the larger RCCL ships, but our DD did not like the Allure and Oasis as much as the EPIC, Getaway, Breeze, Dream and Sunshine. The RCCL ships have ice skating(does not interest her), flowrider(she's too small), zipline(too small), splash area with a few inches of water(ok for a while), but she just LOVES and will spend hours on the water slides, spider climb, overhead ropes course, and splash parks on NCL and Carnival's newer ships.

To me the ship would be the priority, not the kids club. They all have great activities.

By the way, I asked my DD what her favorite excursions have been: Climbing the Myan temple at Coba(Cozumel), stingrays and awesome snorkeling in Grand Cayman(Stingray Sailing - NOT a ship excursion), Dunn's Falls in Jamaicai(Ricardo, Liberty Tours), and playing with the monkeys in Roatan(Ronystours.com).