Discover Scuba in St. Martin/St. Thomas

streaks23

• 2 weeks later...

Coki is the place for Discover Scuba in St Thomas.

The reef is even an easy 65 ft dive, and you might even get to dive with "Old Charlie" (almost a pet barracuda). He loves to swim in the bubbles from your regulator, and even lets you pet him as he swims with you just over your shoulder.

This is a great sport to get involved in as I got certified (still have the old NAUI card) on cnada's west coast 32yrs ago.

Happy Diving!!! and...

Ciao for now!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Coki beach dive while in St. Thomas on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago and am planning on returning when on the Costa Magica cruise I've booked in March. Found them very friendly and helpful. Beach diving is soooo much less stressful than boat diving, at least I thought so. But I'm one of those once or twice a year. The Coki people will pick you right up at the dock and it's easy to book with them yourself from their website. The price is definitely right, too!

Have fun! :)

Rose

• 8 years later...

We will be on the Royal Princess in March. My DH wants to do a Discover Scuba excursion. Unfortunately the Princess excursion for this is in St. Thomas at the same time we have another (must do for him) excursion. So I was trying to find one for him in St Maarten. Princess does not offer one, but I have found 2 independent ones:

Shore Excursions Group Discover Scuba (20 min taxi ride from pier) at 10 am

and

Shoretrips Discover Scuba (walk to dive shop) at 1:30. 3 hrs trip which will get us back at 4:30, although I think the ship's time will be 5:30, and we depart at 6pm. This one provides for a "ride along/snorkel" at 1/2 price for someone (me) that is too chicken to dive (poor swimmer but good photographer and cheerleader!). I would hope they deal with cruise pax enough that we wouldn't have to worry about getting back in time?

The ride along feature might be available with the 1st one but is not listed, and this is not a "must have".

Can anyone please give me info on either or both of these? I have been reading the boards and much of the info is 7 or 8 years old, so I was hoping for some current comments. From the info I see on the boards, I realize the consensus is that St Thomas is a better place, but I hope to set up a reasonable experience for him on this cruise.

Thanks in advance for your help.

On Trip Advisor I see Ocean Explorers Dive Ctr, Simpson Bay/Kim Sha Beach, Octopus Diving in Grand Case, and Dive Adventures at Little Bay offer the Discover Scuba excursions. Possibly the tour operators i asked about use one of these. A direct comment about the Dive company would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!