Cheers program on Half Moon Cay

I apologize in advance:

I thought I had read somewhere that you could use the Cheers program on HMC but in the FAQ on Carnival's site it says they are excluded. Is that correct or has it been changed to be able to use it on the private island?

Thanks !!!!

Thank you, that's a shame they don't offer it but I guess keeping track would be a nightmare.

They probably would want you to think that. A wireless scanning system would seem easy to do. Don't they already scan Seapass cards to pay for drinks at the Pirate Bar and and Stay Here Forever bar? The multitude of servers walking the beach take Seapass cards also. Just think of the enormous additional profit from the incredible number of drinks served on HMC to people who have already paid for the day's drinks.

Royal Caribbean allows their drink package to cover drinks on their two private beach stops - and Carnival uses one of them (Coco Cay), too. The technology already exists.

They probably would want you to think that. A wireless scanning system would seem easy to do. Don't they already scan Seapass cards to pay for drinks at the Pirate Bar and and Stay Here Forever bar? The multitude of servers walking the beach take Seapass cards also. Just think of the enormous additional profit from the incredible number of drinks served on HMC to people who have already paid for the day's drinks.

I agree that in 2015 there should be a way for Carnival to have a live update of point-of-sale transactions between the ship and island.

Unless it has changed recently, the POS terminals at the Pirate Bar and Stay Here Forever bar do not "live communicate" transactions to the ship. Those transactions are manually downloaded from the POS terminals throughout the day or at the end of the day, taken to the ship, and then uploaded to the Sail & Sign accounts. Servers working the beach also sometimes issue manual handwritten receipts. Servers (along with other manual receipts for clam shell rentals, water sports equipment, etc.) turn those manual receipts into the ship upon their return and those transactions get manually posted to Sail & Sign accounts, usually much later that evening. With those issues, it is difficult for Carnival to properly enforce the Cheers drink limit.

Let's assume if Cheers was used was allowed to be used on Half Moon Cay with the current method of reporting sales transactions. I have Cheers and I go to the Atrium bar once I get back on the ship, Carnival may have record that I have had 0 drinks that day, when I really had 14 drinks that have not yet been posted to my Sail & Sign account.

Edited by ZanziBarred

I apologize in advance:

I thought I had read somewhere that you could use the Cheers program on HMC but in the FAQ on Carnival's site it says they are excluded. Is that correct or has it been changed to be able to use it on the private island?

Thanks !!!!

As with everything else Carnival does, if they can't figure it out, they just stop doing it.

If you have Cheers, just start hoarding some beers daily if you are below your limit. "No, don't open that!"

Then keep them cool and bring them onto the island.