HELP! Recommendation with kids

CJ0226

We will be in port on Friday, May 17 from 7am to 2pm and will be traveling with our children ages 11, 6 and 4.

I think they are going to get kinda bored quickly wandering/walking around Old San Juan and looking at the forts, so we would like to get out of this area but time is gonna be our enemy I think.

Can anyone point us in right direction to make this a fun day for all of us?

There is a children's museum in Old San Juan (Museo del niño) as well as a new playground along the Paseo la Princesa that could keep them entertained for a bit. Also, look for the ice cream carts that make their way around the city or the Piragua stands.

You can also buy a kite from one of the vendors in front of El Morro (or at one of the pharmacies) and let the kids fly kites in the large grass area in front of the fort.

There's also Parque de las Palomas (pigeon park) that's fun to visit. Buy a bag of birdseed from the vendor at the entrance and have the kids feed the birds.

Hope this helps!

Take the no-charge tram tour, go the whole route. Hop on, hop off. When I was there, it went right up to the entrance of fort. Entertaining and great for an overview. However, I noted that driver was adamant that no food or drink was allowed. Nice way for the kids to see, for you to see, no hassle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...