Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) Question

ballon

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with what might seem like a silly question.

We've just come back from our first family cruise onboard Britannia which we loved so much we paid the FCD onboard for another holiday.

When I'm looking either through a travel agent or P&O's website directly, the £200 we paid (£50 each) is coming off the deposit due, and the additional onboard credit is showing, BUT the £200 which should go towards the cruise isn't coming off the final balance due after the (reduced) deposit is paid.

My question is basically to anyone who has booked with an FCD before; does the FCD amount show as a credit on your confirmation invoice after you book and your deposit has been paid?

My travel agent said that the FCD goes towards reducing the deposit - which I appreciate, but surely it should come off the final balance due as well otherwise P&O would have just pocketed the deposit in return for a (lesser) additional onboard spend?

I hope that makes sense - thanks in advance for your help!

We always book with future cruises and the deposit reduces . On the invoice it shows as 2 separate amounts deposit paid . the final balance due is the same as if you hadn't paid an FCD.

EG. COST OF CRUISE £10,000

Deposit paid to p & O 100

Deposit paid today 1400

Balance due £8500

The extra OBC you get for booking a FCD will show on your invoice from P & O as this depends on the length of the cruise.

I'll give you an example of how it should work.

Say your cruise total cost is £3000 and deposit is £450. You pay £250 plus your FCD of £200 for your deposit.

Your final balance would be £2550.

Hope this helps. Just put your own figures in.

Brian

Thanks for the replies.

For a cruise I'm looking at, the price is showing like this on the P&O website (and I've had the same quote from a travel agent):

Total cost: £2588

Deposit: £188

Balance Due (sometime next year): £2400

The deposit is being reduced by the £200 as it should (15% would be £388), but the balance due isn't being reduced. I really just want to be reassured that on my final invoice the actual balance due will be £2200 taking into account the £200 FCD.

Does that make sense??

Thanks again!

That's my worry - it shows as £2400 balance due. My travel agent's answer was that the £200 comes off the deposit due but not the balance - that seems a terrible deal if it's the case.

I think a call to P&O is needed really.

Yes, I agree - ring them directly and they will soon reassure you or sort it out for you. I'm a great believer in phoning them direct.

Edited by Scriv