Iguaza Falls; Machu Picchu Worth the time / cost - (Really, not that everyone says...

ljones

We pre-arranged a pick-up with a 'remises' (limousine) in the international airport of BsAs via a website that responded to my husband's query in English.

We asked our hotel to call a taxi to go to the local airport in BsAs. At the airport in Puerto Iguacu, Argentina, a dispatcher with a desk in the terminal waited for tourists and assigned taxis. They were lined up outside. On the same day, we asked the hotel St. George, where we stayed, to arrange a taxi to take us to the Brazilian side and pick us again at a prearranged time.

On the following day, we took the public bus to the Argentinian side of the falls. The bus terminal is next to the hotel. We bought the tickets at one of the window with somebody who spoke English, not with the driver. We returned by public bus again. We had the St. George hotel call a taxi to take us back to the airport the following day.

After we arrived in BsAs, we stood in line to get a taxi in front of the local airport. The first driver looked confused at us and we let him take the Argentinian family behind us in line. The next driver, although he spoke only 3 words of English and I speak about 10, took us safely to our hotel. We had left our suitcases in the BsAs hotel, just took the board cases with us to the hotel St. George.

Thank you for the info, it looks like we will do the same. I tried to book with a tour company, however the cost was over the top. I asked for just shuttle service, they refused.

Happy travels!!

Sherry, there is actually frequent and easy local public bus service from the town to the park entrance, passing by the airport. This is true for both the Argentine side and the Brazilian side. Taxis are not expensive, though, and may expedite the border crossing procedure slightly, although there is a local public bus that plies that route (from Puerto Iguazu, Argentina to Foz de Iguacu, Brazil) as well.

If you intend to do the Brazilian side, make sure you apply for a visa (if from US or Canada, etc) well in advance at your designated Brazilian Consulate; the process gets longer in anticipation of Carnaval, just before your visit.

Thanks for the info., we only plan to visit the Argentina side. I have learnt about the Argentina visa, which seem easy enough to go on line and pay the fee.....costly

Gypsy Cove was great. Fewer penguins than at some of our other stops, but closer to nests. We paid a local 15 bucks to take us out and back. He works at the Range Rover dealership and moonlights by picking up small groups of cruisers.

The Zodiac ride at the falls did not bother my touchy back....but no way i would have tried Volunteer Point.

Thanks for the info. I think Gypsy Cove is what it will be.