How Old Do You Have To Be?

CaiT34

Im sorry i do not agree with that, just because i did not choose to rnter any of the armed forces must mean i am an irresponsible party animal right?......

a few things:

-where did that come from?

-they enforce an no under 18 alone policy because they don't want drinking and trouble (esp since on the ship you can't drink until you're 21 and in the ports you can drink at 18 and i'm sure they know there are ways to bring it back on the ship w/o them realizing)

-you're 24yo, think back to 18 and tell me you didn't do stupid things, or think of someone who is 18.... most 18yo are irresposible (at least to some extent) so to avoid problems they enforce the rule.

Actually, given the Natalie Holloway disappearance, I'm surprised they would allow anyone college age or below to sail without a responsible chaperone.....

BTW, military folks are always up for a good party - they just know and fully understand the consequences of partying too hard! And yes, if you have joined the armed forces, there is the assumption that you are a reponsible person.

Hoo-Rah! Go Navy!

Im sorry i do not agree with that, just because i did not choose to rnter any of the armed forces must mean i am an irresponsible party animal right?......

Your and the cruiselines rights are protected by the military. You have the right to not like it, but the cruiseline also has the right to say who they allow on their ships. If they want to grant the exemption to the people who are protecting their rights to do so, then so be it. You made the choice to not enter the military and they (cruiselines) made the choice to exempt the ones who decided to go in.

Actually, given the Natalie Holloway disappearance, I'm surprised they would allow anyone college age or below to sail without a responsible chaperone.....

BTW, military folks are always up for a good party - they just know and fully understand the consequences of partying too hard! And yes, if you have joined the armed forces, there is the assumption that you are a reponsible person.

Hoo-Rah! Go Navy!

Okay I am puting on my flame suit and my bike helmet so I don't get hit by flying debris! As a the Spouse of a Military Member I can definitely say the above does not apply to all members of the armed forces. Members of the Military are just as capable of forgetting the consequences of over indulging in Alcohol as the rest of the general population. In fact because of the high stress level involved some members over induldge in alcohol when not on duty. DUI are a huge problem in the Military especially overseas where members can drink at 18.

Thanks Everyone For The Advice.....we Will Contact A Travel Agency And See Wat We Can Doo....maybe We Can Talk 2 Or 3 People Over 25 Into Coming With Us....if We Cant Then We Will Probably End Up Going To Bahamas Or Mexico Like Jessica Said Cas Im Pretty Sure You Can Book A Hotel Being 18.....thanx: )

Archived