Surprise birthday on the ship

dopey1956

Do you mean surprising someone for their birthday while on the ship??

One way would be to get a room decoration package from the concierge. I've never done it for birthdays but I've done it for Congratulations and anniversaries with both RoyCar and NCL. They decorate the room for you with streamers/balloons/banners and you can add a cake also. Nice little festive surprise.

Yeah, the room decorations and cake would be a nice touch. The room stewards can do it before embarkation or one day during the cruise. Depending on what cruiseline you are sailing with- call their customer service and they should be able to help you. If your rooms are big enough you can do a little "private party" too by ordering appetizers and cocktails. My brother-in-law got married during our NCL cruise to Bermuda- and since me and my fiance were in the owners suite we had a cocktail party before dinner one night. We had about 10 people in our room and our butler served different hor d' oevres and we bought a bottle of wine to serve. It was a nice way for all of us to get together before the hustle-bustle of the main dining room.

While in the dining room if you tell your waiter usually they do a little singing routine and bring a cake. Good for a little birthday embarrassment!

• 5 weeks later...

While on the Valor my MIL celebrated her birthday. We ordered a cake on the websight and our waiters as well as others sang happy birthday to her in 4 or 5 diffrent languages. She was so surprised and it turned out great.:D

• 2 months later...

I am just at the end of group sign up for Grandma 100 birthday. To date 30 people are signed up. Grandma knows local family is going, however she does not know family from around the world is going. decorations from orientaltrading.com is a good place for CHEAP decorations. Carnival is booking a PRIVATE meeting room on the big day WITH Av equipment for FREE!! :eek:

The plan is to decorate the room, have 1/2 sheet cake made and play home video on the av equipment from those who could not make it spliced in with old reel to reel from when grandma was young. I will also have custom screen printed shirts made (around 4.50 each) and Carnival gives each cabin a sports bag and photo coupon. I fill fill the bag with t shirts, highlighters, nighlight and noise makers for the party.

Good luck!

I surprised my sister's cruise with the birthday package ordered from the RCCL web site, and she said it was really great! Her room was very nicely decorated, she received her birthday cake in the dining room, and the staff sang to her! She was so happy, she cried! They do a super job! It was only $30 something!:D

I'll be cruising with my lady friends for our February birthdays and will soon be ordering the same surprise for all of them!:eek: Can't wait to see their faces!

salgal

AOS 2-12-06

• 2 years later...

My DBF and I will both we celebrating birthdays on board the Sovereign. His a little late, and mine, a little early. (: I'm thinking of ordering the chocolate covered strawberries (pretty much for me, he's not a big fan.. haha) but I thought it'd be nice to bring a small "bon voyage" goodie bag for him. Any ideas?

Also- any suggestions on things that are not to be missed? Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
Do you mean surprising someone for their birthday while on the ship??

One way would be to get a room decoration package from the concierge. I've never done it for birthdays but I've done it for Congratulations and anniversaries with both RoyCar and NCL. They decorate the room for you with streamers/balloons/banners and you can add a cake also. Nice little festive surprise.

I WAS going to do that for my sister's anniversary but I thought $35 TOO MUCH for a $3 Party City "Happy Anniversary" streamer-LOL! Instead I bought her some photo credits-I figured she would want to buy at least some photos since this I will be their 25th anniversary.

Now I will not be on ship with her-this is their anniversary-private time for the 2 of them-but I was able to arrange this by a call to custormer service.

I am just at the end of group sign up for Grandma 100 birthday. To date 30 people are signed up. Grandma knows local family is going, however she does not know family from around the world is going. decorations from orientaltrading.com is a good place for CHEAP decorations. Carnival is booking a PRIVATE meeting room on the big day WITH Av equipment for FREE!! :eek:

The plan is to decorate the room, have 1/2 sheet cake made and play home video on the av equipment from those who could not make it spliced in with old reel to reel from when grandma was young. I will also have custom screen printed shirts made (around 4.50 each) and Carnival gives each cabin a sports bag and photo coupon. I fill fill the bag with t shirts, highlighters, nighlight and noise makers for the party.

Good luck!

WOW! What a treat! I am sure your grandma will be pleasantly surprised! That is awesome. I hope I love long enough to celebrate my 100th birthday on a cruise!

WOW! What a treat! I am sure your grandma will be pleasantly surprised! That is awesome. I hope I love long enough to celebrate my 100th birthday on a cruise!

With family and friends coming from across america, belgium and england to celebrate it was a week I will never forget! Two years+ later we still talk about it and look at pictures and video.

About to start the 105 birthday at sea plans as Alice is still going and doing well.

I HIGHLY reccomend a celebration at sea. With the cost far less then any venue i could have booked for a weekend, we all got a week together and Private room to celebrate together.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks KristinaAnne!

While in the dining room if you tell your waiter usually they do a little singing routine and bring a cake. Good for a little birthday embarrassment!

this is exactly what I want to do. will the cake cost extra?

I have three teens who are always pulling pranks on each other. Every year, one "surprises" another by getting the waiter to bring a birthday cake (or whatever) to the table and sing "Happy Birthday". It really did start out as a surprise because when we travel, nobody has a birthday anywhere near the date.

The trick now is that everyone goes with the joke until we find out who's name is called during the song, then, that person has to act surprised and embarrassed as if it really was their birthday. It is pretty funny.

No cost involved.

Archived