Sun Nov trip changes

skylock

OK, I have read about the port changes and doing the two ports in one day.

I have two questions.

How far is the ferry port from the cruise port in Playa? Do you dock in Playa or

I know where the ferry port is in Cozumel and was hoping to get off in Playa and head to Cozumel for a good long day in Cozumel. We have a few people we would like to see there and if we ferry over we will have enough time to see them and still make our tour and do the other things we were wanting to do.

Just trying to get my time line down before we leave.

Thanks

OK, I have read about the port changes and doing the two ports in one day.

I have two questions.

How far is the ferry port from the cruise port in Playa? Do you dock in Playa or tender?

I know where the ferry port is in Cozumel and was hoping to get off in Playa and head to Cozumel for a good long day in Cozumel. We have a few people we would like to see there and if we ferry over we will have enough time to see them and still make our tour and do the other things we were wanting to do.

Just trying to get my time line down before we leave.

Thanks

Playa Del Carmen is small ... so it shouldn't be far at all to the ferry landing.

However, do realize that you will have to wait until the next hourly ferry to be able to get on, as long as there is room :) The ferry times are on the hour. When cruise ships are in the area, the ferries can get quite crowded and sometimes sell out.

I'm confused with the port changes b/c all of the excursions listed on the ncl site for Cozumel depart at 8:00 or 9:00 a.m. and we don't get in to Cozumel until noon. I emailed ShoreTrips to ask how long it would take to get over to Cozumel if we were allowed to get off (without having a scheduled excursion) in Playa and she said it would be quicker to stay on the ship. I haven't been home during the day to call NCL excursions b/c I don't want to pre-book an excursion in Cozumel if we won't be able to make the times scheduled. Any tips?

Wow, I am slow on the uptake. I had been planning on sailing the Sun from New Orleans but hadn't booked. When I saw it had moved to Houston, I quickly checked ports and saw all 4 listed. Obviously, I should have checked more closely, I didn't realize that Playa is only a drop off call, so we miss a port day. I was hoping to do Xcaret that day and then I had a plann for Cozumel also. My fault for not looking at the schedule more closely. I just assumed it was the same as from New Orleans.... oh well, will still have fun, but wish NCL would go back a full day instead of the 2 sea days on the end of the cruise. If Playa can't handle them, then Costa Maya would be great.

Archived