Western Med Allure Barcelona disembark help

All,

In a couple of weeks, our family of 4 (with 2 young kids) will be going on the Allure from Barcelona.

I have an issue on the last day I need some help/advice with.

Our flight leaving from Barcelona does not go until around 7ish, which means we don't have to be at the airport until 5pm.

We'll have around 6 pieces of luggage which means that doing anything in Barcelona for the last day will be very difficult due to cost and hassle of leaving luggage.

I know the Allure doesn't have a single start/stop point as it picks up and drops passengers in both Barcelona and Rome, so it must have people who stay onboard the ship for the day, rather than what i've seen in the past where the exit everyone and their luggage by around 9am in the morning, clean the ship with new guests coming on board from 11.

I'm happy to leave our cabin early in the morning, but in an ideal world we would want to stay on the ship for a few hours and then leave the ship at around 3pm. Does anyone know if that is allowed/possible?

Is there anyway to get Royal Caribbean to hold the luggage on ship till this time and then we can walk out with it. rather than it just been thrown out onto port first thing?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

All,

In a couple of weeks, our family of 4 (with 2 young kids) will be going on the Allure from Barcelona.

I have an issue on the last day I need some help/advice with.

Our flight leaving from Barcelona does not go until around 7ish, which means we don't have to be at the airport until 5pm.

We'll have around 6 pieces of luggage which means that doing anything in Barcelona for the last day will be very difficult due to cost and hassle of leaving luggage.

I know the Allure doesn't have a single start/stop point as it picks up and drops passengers in both Barcelona and Rome, so it must have people who stay onboard the ship for the day, rather than what i've seen in the past where the exit everyone and their luggage by around 9am in the morning, clean the ship with new guests coming on board from 11.

I'm happy to leave our cabin early in the morning, but in an ideal world we would want to stay on the ship for a few hours and then leave the ship at around 3pm. Does anyone know if that is allowed/possible?

Is there anyway to get Royal Caribbean to hold the luggage on ship till this time and then we can walk out with it. rather than it just been thrown out onto port first thing?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

I doubt they will allow you to stay on that late.

Have you looked at an excursion for late flights that takes you on a city tour. Luggage travels on the coach with you and is a good way to see the city and spend the time whilst waiting, and then drops at they airport.

Edited by Spurschick

Once the cruise is over, they need you to disembark to prepare for the next set of passengers.

I recommend a private tour for your family which will allow you to load the luggage into the van, explore the city and then be dropped off at the airport.

We used Barcelona Day Tours but you should check the Spain boards for recommendations from others in the same situation.

Last July, there was a company right outside the port (I think it's called DH consignment?) we dropped off our bags with them; they took them to the airport and we picked them up there. I think it was something like 10 euros per bag.

Thanks really interesting. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean have done this sort of thing more recently? The flyer is dated 2012. Staying on board for another 1/2 day would be ideal

Thanks really interesting. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean have done this sort of thing more recently? The flyer is dated 2012. Staying on board for another 1/2 day would be ideal

I've not heard this program mentioned for a couple of years. I'd call Royal and ask if it's still available.

We used the programme last year and remained on the ship for an extra few hours. I think you should still be able to do it.

Once the cruise is over, they need you to disembark to prepare for the next set of passengers.

I recommend a private tour for your family which will allow you to load the luggage into the van, explore the city and then be dropped off at the airport.

We used Barcelona Day Tours but you should check the Spain boards for recommendations from others in the same situation.

Not the case with Allure Europe Itinerarys, there is 2 boarding points which means there will be passengers already onboard and staying onboard, there won't be a zero count on any of these cruises.