Cheer beverage Program

Ok ive looked around and read but im still not 100% so hoping some of you can assist me. I'll be going on Carnival ecstasy fri-mon we will be in Bahamas overnight sat. My boyfriend loves to drink im not usually a big time drinker, but i tend to drink more than usual when im cruising. Ive never done the cheers program would it be worth it on such a short cruise? Some reviews says you cant purchase on first day if thats true than it may not be worth it as we will be at port on sat for at least 1/2 day.

Thank you

Mrs. W

I took a four day cruise and we did the cheers program. Doing the math, it just made sense for it even though we aren't heavy drinkers - we still saved money.

We went from Tampa to Cozumel with two sea days. We never hit the 14 limit, but we were pretty close. It was nice to enjoy a poolside drink or two and dinner drinks, drinks at the shows, etc.

We were able to purchase it the first day!

Hope this helps at all!

Oh yes!! We purchased as soon as I got on, before even checking out our room. And you can use it while you're at port say you don't get off the ship.

And yep, under $10 - wine, liquor, shots, beer. The only extra charge was while we were still in American soil we got charged tax which was always under $0.75, but once we got in international waters there was no charge.

Ok so while we are docked in the Bahamas if we stay on the ship can we purchase drinks? Also its still drinks under $10 that qualify for the program correct?

We did it on our last cruise while docked a Nassau we didn't get off at the port and used the cheers program alot that day

Some reviews says you cant purchase on first day if thats true than it may not be worth it as we will be at port on sat for at least 1/2 day.

Thank you

Mrs. W

If you are sailing from Texas you can't purchase it the first day because of state law.

Basically if you drink about 6-7 drinks a day it is worth it. And remember, that's on average. So if you have 3 drinks on a port day and 10 drinks on a sea day that's still averaging 6.5 a day and breaking even.

If you are sailing from Texas you can't purchase it the first day because of state law.

Basically if you drink about 6-7 drinks a day it is worth it. And remember, that's on average. So if you have 3 drinks on a port day and 10 drinks on a sea day that's still averaging 6.5 a day and breaking even.

Hi! It looks like you just came off the Splendor. How did you like it? We are sailing on her Monday, May 18th. Are there any tips you think might be helpful and also, it looks like you purchased the drink package. Are they very strict on the 15 drink limit? We're still trying to decide. I'm not a big drinker but my dh will drink beers in the daytime and mixed drinks at night.

Thanks in advance.

I booked a panoramic oceanview on Vision for next February. I fell in love with the cabin and it was the main reason I booked this particular cruise. they are located midship on decks 7 and 8. All the Vision class ships have them now. And they have 193 sq ft. I can't wait to get there![emoji3]

Hi! It looks like you just came off the Splendor. How did you like it? We are sailing on her Monday, May 18th. Are there any tips you think might be helpful and also, it looks like you purchased the drink package. Are they very strict on the 15 drink limit? We're still trying to decide. I'm not a big drinker but my dh will drink beers in the daytime and mixed drinks at night.

Thanks in advance.

From what I have heard, the system will not let you go over the 15 included drinks, but if you start buying instead of counting it toward your limit, before you hit 15 presumably he could exceed 15.

Thanks in advance.

I had the Cheers package in March on the Carnival Magic. I think I got my monies worth, barely. Not a big drinker, I averaged about 7/day, less on port days, more on sea days. Some times I had a drink when I didn't feel like it. Sometimes I was trying to keep up with my roommate. My normal consumption is maybe 2/day (on a cruise) and not even that much some days.

The package was $287 for 5 days (about $57/day with tip). Since we left from TX we could only buy on day 2. My typical bar bill on a cruise without a beverage package might be $100 or so plus the soda package.

My roommate OTOH, drank over $100 the first day without the package. Cheers was definately worth it for him.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

Also, they do very much enforce the 15 drink rule. If DH is worried about hitting the limit, there is only your conscience stopping you from getting his brand of beer then deciding you'd rather have a Mai Tai and giving him the beer. Or something similar. Drink responsibility.

Thanks in advance.

As others have said, they are strict with the 15 drink limit. As for the Splendor, we were really impressed. It was our first Carnival cruise and was way above our expectations. The crew was incredibly welcoming and the environment really fun. The food was delicious and I liked the art deco decor (the pink isn't as bad as you've heard :p ).

Enjoy your trip!

As others have said you have to average about 7 drinks/day to make it worth it. My wife and I have saved a substantial amount of money with it. We buy it immediately when we get on the boat.

On the Sunshine they would write the number of drinks on your receipt so you could keep track. They would also allow us to buy drinks on our S&S when/if we went over 15.

As others have said, they are strict with the 15 drink limit. As for the Splendor, we were really impressed. It was our first Carnival cruise and was way above our expectations. The crew was incredibly welcoming and the environment really fun. The food was delicious and I liked the art deco decor (the pink isn't as bad as you've heard :p ).

Enjoy your trip!

Can you tell me what day was the formal night on the Splendor? We are sailing Monday -Sat. Thank you in advance.

So if you sail out of Tx Sun- Thur are you charged 4 days or 3 days cause we dock at 8 am on the last day?

You are charged based on the number of nights you will have the program. So Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night. It has been posted that the Cheers' program day is 6am to 6am.

I will be getting the Cheers package for the first time when I sail on the Conquest in July. I normally purchase a bottle of vodka from Bon Voyage, but considering it comes out to just under $100 and the hassle of having to pack the mixer I like, I'm excited to try the Cheers package.

I too normally don't drink a lot - maybe order 2 drinks a day BUT that's because I was mixing my own in the cabin. This time I will definitely order more than normal. I'm thinking 3-4 frozen drinks during the day and 2-3 martinis or whatever in the evening. Also we've been to the ports that we will be visiting, so I'm sure we'll be on the ship during at least 2 stops.

Also - can someone tell me whether the drinks at the Alchemy bar are under $10?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, it is based on what the cruise itself is. For example, we were looking into a 8 day cruise and when I asked, they said it would be the cost per day for 8 days. If others have been told or charged different, please let us know.

For us, that is almost $800 for husband and myself. We like to drink, but we are beer drinkers. I enjoy gin and tonics, but not frozen drinks, so for us, it isn't worth the cost.

I will be getting the Cheers package for the first time when I sail on the Conquest in July. I normally purchase a bottle of vodka from Bon Voyage, but considering it comes out to just under $100 and the hassle of having to pack the mixer I like, I'm excited to try the Cheers package.

I too normally don't drink a lot - maybe order 2 drinks a day BUT that's because I was mixing my own in the cabin. This time I will definitely order more than normal. I'm thinking 3-4 frozen drinks during the day and 2-3 martinis or whatever in the evening. Also we've been to the ports that we will be visiting, so I'm sure we'll be on the ship during at least 2 stops.

Also - can someone tell me whether the drinks at the Alchemy bar are under $10?

Thanks

The last menu I saw showed them as being under $10. Several sites have the menu, the only question is how old is their copy and is it out of date.

If I remember correctly, it is based on what the cruise itself is. For example, we were looking into a 8 day cruise and when I asked, they said it would be the cost per day for 8 days. If others have been told or charged different, please let us know.

For us, that is almost $800 for husband and myself. We like to drink, but we are beer drinkers. I enjoy gin and tonics, but not frozen drinks, so for us, it isn't worth the cost.

You have to buy for the remainder of the cruise. You can purchase on either the first or second day. So you would pay for either 8 or 7 days depending on which day you purchase. People have posted here that they do not roll any previously purchased drinks into the program. So if you buy a drink and then get the Cheers program, you are still paying for that drink PLUS Cheers.

The last menu I saw showed them as being under $10. Several sites have the menu, the only question is how old is their copy and is it out of date.

You have to buy for the remainder of the cruise. You can purchase on either the first or second day. So you would pay for either 8 or 7 days depending on which day you purchase. People have posted here that they do not roll any previously purchased drinks into the program. So if you buy a drink and then get the Cheers program, you are still paying for that drink PLUS Cheers.

Can I just ask do both parties in cabin have to have the cheers program? We've been on Princess the last 2 years and only 1 person needs to purchase, were coming on Vista next Aug 😀

Can I just ask do both parties in cabin have to have the cheers program? We've been on Princess the last 2 years and only 1 person needs to purchase, were coming on Vista next Aug 😀

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. :)

Carnival requires ALL adults in the cabin have Cheers or none. People have posted of couples putting the drinkers in one cabin and the non-drinkers in another cabin, at least on paper.

As long as they aren't sharing drinks, which is the concern, I don't see a problem with it. Although I'm pretty sure some drinks were shared in every case.

Yes, everyone 21 and over in the same stateroom has to purchase the program.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. :)

Carnival requires ALL adults in the cabin have Cheers or none. People have posted of couples putting the drinkers in one cabin and the non-drinkers in another cabin, at least on paper.

As long as they aren't sharing drinks, which is the concern, I don't see a problem with it. Although I'm pretty sure some drinks were shared in every case.

What joke ??

Thanks guys will just have to do some name changing on paper x