Captain Marvin's Dolphin/Turtle/Stingrays Combo

ladybub101

Has anyone done this combo?

Our group of 14 really wants to swim with dolphins and we are stopping in Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Great Stirrup Cay.

This combo seems to be the most cost-efficient dolphin excursion. (Since the stingrays are an absolute must as well). We are in port from 8:00-4:00 and the company assures me there is sufficient time to do the 3 stops and get back to the ship on time. I'm wondering if we'll be rushed though, and would love to hear about anyone's experience with this combo excursion. Is there time to grab food somewhere for lunch? Would we be better off swimming with dolphins in Cozumel?? (We really want a beach day in Cozumel, which is why we're trying to squeeze the dolphins/stingrays into one!)

Thanks!

Hi Ladybub 101, It sure sounds like a lot to do in one port in an 8 hour time span. More like a 6 hour time span because this is a tender port. I believe if Captain Marvins say they can do it, I would believe them. I have used them 3 times for the Stingray tour and they were awesome all 3 times. Marvins seemed to have smaller boats and take less people which allows a more personalized experience. My least favorite port on your Interary is the stop in Ocho Rios. Maybe you could do the Dolphin Experience in that port. I would highly recommend doing the Dolphin swim where you are allowed to swim in the water with them and just not pet and be near them. They had different experiences when we did this many years ago.

I would highly recommend Nachi Cocum for the stop in Cozumel. It's private, they only allow a certain number of people in the resort each day (I believe it was 100), and it was all inclusive. Stirrup Cay will be a great beach day also for your group.

Well I hope some of this helps, have a great trip and try and find some time to relax. :D