Carnival Breeze Ocean Suite - 4 guests feet to feet?

Rufftackle

Hi there!

Just now getting around to booking our vacation starting Sept 12 on the Carnival Breeze. There's going to be four of us and we are looking into the ocean view suites.

Looking at some of the videos available on YouTube of this suite, the pull-out sofa bed is directly across the regular bed. My only guess is that once the sofa bed is extended, there will not be a gap between the two beds to move throughout the room without hopping over a bed. Wondering if this is the case and if anyone has experience with four folks in the ocean view suite.

Happy Cruising,

Patrick

Hi there!

Just now getting around to booking our vacation starting Sept 12 on the Carnival Breeze. There's going to be four of us and we are looking into the ocean view suites.

Looking at some of the videos available on YouTube of this suite, the pull-out sofa bed is directly across the regular bed. My only guess is that once the sofa bed is extended, there will not be a gap between the two beds to move throughout the room without hopping over a bed. Wondering if this is the case and if anyone has experience with four folks in the ocean view suite.

Happy Cruising,

Patrick

We have stayed in the Ocean Suites several time and if you have 3 people the sofe turns into a day bed style bed they would sleep long ways there will be a tabel and walking room between the day bed and your bed, if you have 4 in an ocean suite then the fourth would be a pull down from the ceiling that will be directly above the "sofa/day" bed.

If you go to Grand Suite with 4 then the sofa would be your normal pull out sofa that 2 people can sleep on, so in that case you would be feet to feet with the table and walking area between the two.

We had 4 on the Pride in an Ocean Suite - the review has some pictures in my signature line.

Hope that helps and happy cruising.

Tam

In my experience the sofa bed doesn't pull out like a sleeper sofa, instead the back comes off so they are essentially the same width in bed or sofa configuration.

ooo I hope this is true on cruise! we had type of bed on Disney, way better than the pull out, more room! RCCL we only pulled out part way, there was no room to walk around if sofa pulled out all the way.

We have stayed in the Ocean Suites several time and if you have 3 people the sofe turns into a day bed style bed they would sleep long ways there will be a tabel and walking room between the day bed and your bed, if you have 4 in an ocean suite then the fourth would be a pull down from the ceiling that will be directly above the "sofa/day" bed.

If you go to Grand Suite with 4 then the sofa would be your normal pull out sofa that 2 people can sleep on, so in that case you would be feet to feet with the table and walking area between the two.

We had 4 on the Pride in an Ocean Suite - the review has some pictures in my signature line.

Hope that helps and happy cruising.

Tam

TAM! Thank you so much for this information. It is quite helpful! I absolutely loved your review and experience on the Pride. I felt like I just went on a mini-express cruise by the time I went through all your photos, looks like you guys had an AMAZING time!

In my experience the sofa bed doesn't pull out like a sleeper sofa, instead the back comes off so they are essentially the same width in bed or sofa configuration.

Thanks Julie!

It looks to me like the ocean suites on the Breeze do indeed have a double (pull-out) sofa when there are 4 people in the suite. Same for the Grand Suites. When there's 3, I'm thinking that it's a sofa bed (non-pullout). Different ships are different in this regard. On Pride, the 4-person ocean suites use a single non-pullout sofa & upper bunk, but Breeze's quad ocean suites seem to use a double pullout sofa.

Unfortunately, finding a decent pic for you has been very difficult. There seem to be just the 3 Dream class ships that do it this way for the ocean suites. (More ships have the double pullout in the Grand Suites.) Only on the Dream could I find 1 pic in 1 of the ocean suites where the double pullout was made up. But you could only see a little bit of it in the reflection of the mirror. I cannot tell how much space there is between the beds. But the double pullout sofa is perpendicular to the regular beds, so it wouldn't be feet-to-feet for everyone. The pillows on the pullout are closer to the balcony than the foot of that bed. Go to cruiselinerooms dot com, pull up Dream cabin 7365, 1st pic.

Edited by k2excursion

I just got of the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. I was traveling with my wife and two girls. We had a quad Ocean Suite, (not many quads by the way). Our room (7242) did have a double pull out sofa bed and even with it fully extended, you could get through to the balcony without climbing over the bed. Since we needed a crib also, we asked to have the sofa converted into a single bed and they added extra linen and pillows and it was very comfortable, plus we had more space to move around.