OBC sale being offered now.. question?

David148

Ok my cruise I booked few weeks back is available for the $30 obc being offered this week, but the price for my cabin has gone up by $45 pp. Would I qualify for the obc under ES? Just asking b4 I submiT a form.

Thanks,

David.

I have the same question. I can get $30 OBC per room, but the fare has gone up $10 per person. I have two rooms, so this looks like a total of $20 savings to me. Should I call and get the savings, or is there a downside I'm not thinking of?

I have the same question. I can get $30 OBC per room, but the fare has gone up $10 per person. I have two rooms, so this looks like a total of $20 savings to me. Should I call and get the savings, or is there a downside I'm not thinking of?

The only downside to that option that I am thinking of is that if the price drops again then you will the OBC will be eliminated.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Pay the additional $10 and get the thirty dollar obc.

This is providing you are before final payment or you have booked early saver.

How do people find out when OBC is offered - I am not getting emails or anything about it and curious - I do check periodically for rate drops (so far no luck) but I have no idea how people find out about the OBC?

Thanks! ;)

How do people find out when OBC is offered - I am not getting emails or anything about it and curious - I do check periodically for rate drops (so far no luck) but I have no idea how people find out about the OBC?

Thanks! ;)

You have to do mock bookings to see what rates and incentives are being offered.

My PVP just told me I can't take advantage of the new promotion even though I'm an ES. For me, it would be an $10 increase in the room rate and I'd get $30 obc. But he said I can't do it because the room rate did not decrease. Bummer. So people that book later than me get a better deal. I guess you call that 'Late Saver'.

My PVP just told me I can't take advantage of the new promotion even though I'm an ES. For me, it would be an $10 increase in the room rate and I'd get $30 obc. But he said I can't do it because the room rate did not decrease. Bummer. So people that book later than me get a better deal. I guess you call that 'Late Saver'.

This is not true. I submit the price drop form and put in the comments section that although the price is $10 more, it comes with a $30 OBC, making it a net price reduction of $20. I always get approved in these types of situations. I would try again if it were me.

Another thing to consider is that 2 or 3 weeks ago, there was a early saver offer that included a 50% reduction in the down payment amount. If you now want to take advantage of an early saver rate (even one that is slightly higher with some offsetting OBC, and the ES rate you want to use does not include the 50% down payment reduction, you may be required to pay the full down payment right now. Be Careful and ask the right questions.

Your PVP is incorrect. Go and submit the form, and put in the comments section that you know that the rate is $10 more but you want the OBC. You should get an approval notice.

What I told you is correct. Ask for a new PVP because this one does not understand the rules and I would not have a PVP I have to fight with to get what is due me.

This is not true. I submit the price drop form and put in the comments section that although the price is $10 more, it comes with a $30 OBC, making it a net price reduction of $20. I always get approved in these types of situations. I would try again if it were me.

I was about to say the same things. It can be done because I have done it.

This is not true. I did the same thing back in November. Got the military sale (which increased our rate by $10 but got a $50 OBC. Call back and if your PVP still says that - get a new PVP!

ETA - Saw that others said the same thing. Definately get a new PVP if this one argues with you.

Edited by TerReuv

Wrong! I have the Military rate and my current pricing is the same as the sales price. Nevertheless, I advised my TA about the OBC and she called Carnival. She got me the OBC and it appeared on my Cruise INVOICE about 2 hours later. Note also that I already have an OBC of $100 for buying a cruise while on a cruise. You still get both OBC's and both now show on my INVOICE.

Update - I called my PVP (rather than continue emailing) and explained what I was trying to do. That is, take advantage of the promo and pay a higher room rate but offset it with even more OBC. My PVP wasn't sure if this was allowed, but offered to transfer me to his 'supervisor in the service dept'. The supv handled it quickly and professionally. I also noticed (thanks to BobbleFrog's fareviewer) that I could move up two decks (from Riveria to Upper) at no additional charge, so supv did that as well. Went very smooth. I just wish my PVP was on top of things from the beginning. Otherwise, the customer service from both the PVP and Supv was top notch. Thanks for yalls help on this board.