Fun Shops Chill Out Beer Package

TerReuv

Has anyone purchased the Chill Out Beer package from the Fun Shops? Actually, any of the packages with the cooler. I wanted to see if anyone could give me some info on the cooler. How is it? Does it leak at all?

Trying to decide if I buy this as a surprise for hubby if we can keep it filled with ice (instead of bringing our hard sided cooler) and not have it leak or sweat all over the counter? Thanks for any information!

That is good to know. Not worth buying the cooler if it will leak. I can just order him some beer to keep in the room and still bring our own cooler. Can anyone remember how much a bucket of beers cost on the shipand how many you get? I want to make sure it is not more to buy them ahead of time.

Thanks!

That is good to know. Not worth buying the cooler if it will leak. I can just order him some beer to keep in the room and still bring our own cooler. Can anyone remember how much a bucket of beers cost on the shipand how many you get? I want to make sure it is not more to buy them ahead of time.

Thanks!

Last I knew, a bucket of 4 beers were $25 plus the tip. Some beers are 12 oz and others 16 oz depending on the brand. I always pack a collapsible cooler in the outside pocket of my suitcase. While it does sweat, it isn't a big deal if you set it under the sink in the bathroom. You could pack a plastic bag to line the cooler with if you wanted. Any beer you order from Fun Shops will be delivered to your cabin warm.

Have a great cruise.

Hi, I have purchased this package a few times for myself and some friends. A bucket that the beer comes in fits purfect in the cooler and keep it from leaking. I just get a bucket from the bar and place it inside the cooler it works great. I can keep it right on the desk.

A bucket of cigar city was like $20 dollars and you got 4. I laid one of the towels out in the room and would put the bucket/cooler on that so the condensation(sweat) wouldn't get everything wet.

Thanks for the info guys. I was wanting to surprise the hubby with beer in the room when we board, then hearing the cooler will probably leak it is not worth paying the $39 for the package. Then I saw I could purchase beer already and wanted to make sure I would not be paying more buying ahead of time than if we just get a bucket of beer when on board.

Winddawn, we usually take our hardsided cooler and this year I had been thinking about getting a collapsible one to make getting on board easier. Then I saw the one in the fun shops and thought I could kill two birds with one stone (both cooler & beer). I might just still keep looking for a better non-leaking collapsible one or as you mention use a plastic bag.

I bought the package for hubby on our Jan Dream cruise. Cooler doesn't leak. Its good quality and we use it all the time for our scuba Saturdays to keep our foods cold while we dive. Works well. I have also taken it to events with ice and on road trips. Never had an issue and we use it almost weekly.

I have purchased the cooler. It was a round one, and as stated the beer bucket fits perfectly in it. It does leak. I was checking this out again for my upcoming cruise on the Dream and noticed the coolers are now shown as square. Can anyone confirm that the square coolers do or don't leak?

Thanks to all who responded. I am thinking I might go ahead and get the cooler. If it does leak, we can keep it in the shower like Cruisebarbie did. :D

I doubt they actually leak. All soft sided coolers will sweat. There is no way around it due to their design.

Hard sided coolers are like a thermos. Soft sided ones are basically just a heavy coat. If the temperature difference is enough, condensation is going to form on the warmer side.

I have purchased the cooler. It was a round one, and as stated the beer bucket fits perfectly in it. It does leak. I was checking this out again for my upcoming cruise on the Dream and noticed the coolers are now shown as square. Can anyone confirm that the square coolers do or don't leak?

I think I will take a plastic bag just in case (which I usually bring anyway), but I would rather use this one for our ice and such instead of lugging along the small one we usually bring. One less thing to carry!

I bought one and used for 4 cruises with out a leak... It started leaking on the cruise in April...

The round bucket fit great in the old round blue collapsible Carnival ice chest. But now they are red and square.