Carnival Docking at Falmouth Jamaica?

Raxter54

While looking for future cruises, I noticed that the Freedom out of Galveston is scheduled to go to Falmouth Jamaica in it's January/February sailings in 2017. I thought Carnival went to Montego Bay, and Falmouth was used almost exclusively by Royal Caribbean. Guess I was mistaken.....

While looking for future cruises, I noticed that the Freedom out of Galveston is scheduled to go to Falmouth Jamaica in it's January/February sailings in 2017. I thought Carnival went to Montego Bay, and Falmouth was used almost exclusively by Royal Caribbean. Guess I was mistaken.....

Freedom usually goes to Montego Bay but it is doing a few sailings Ocho Rios and Falmouth. The Breeze out of Miami goes to Falmouth often.

Freedom usually goes to Montego Bay but it is doing a few sailings Ocho Rios and Falmouth. The Breeze out of Miami goes to Falmouth often.

We were at Falmouth in March on the Serenade. If we go to Jamaica again, would probably like to go to a different port. Which would be better, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?

We were at Falmouth in March on the Serenade. If we go to Jamaica again, would probably like to go to a different port. Which would be better, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?

I would first decide what you would like to do in Jamaica. I have docked at all three and they each have given me great port days.

It depends on what you would like to do. If you want to do Dunn's River Falls or Dolphin Cove then Ocho Rios might be a better place for you. If you want more of a beach day or shopping day then Montego Bay might be better for you. For me, I like going to the beach so Montego Bay is better for me. Doctors Cave Beach is where I go to. You can take the shuttle from the terminal in Mo Bay for $5 per person one way. It also costs a few dollars to get in the beach, get chairs etc..

Hi Raxter:)

My wife & I are sailing aboard the Breeze in just a few days for a 14-day B2B voyage; our 1st stop is Falmouth Jamaica.

We're taking a taxi to Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay.

We did Dr. Cave in MoBay several years ago and had a great time. Is the bar still practically next door? Was it Margaritaville or Senor Frog's?

We'll be there again on Dec 1st, I think, on the Carnival Freedom. In February we'll port in Falmouth on the Oasis of the Seas. Let us know how Dr. Cave was.