Convoluted/deceptive promotion? - need help

I actually was questioning this myself and called NCL yesterday. I was getting a rate of $302 pp for a cabin with 2 people on a date the was clearly marked with the purple 3rd and 4th sail free. When I plug two more into the room the first and second pax shot up to 602pp and then third and 4th free. I had this happen in multiple cats. So really you are still paying for persons 3 and 4 no matter how you slice it. Even she couldn't tell my why the rates changed. For the cruise it would cost more then Disney which was shocking to me usually they are crazy overpriced. I really wanted to get on NCL but I am stumped by their pricing methods.

I actually was questioning this myself and called NCL yesterday. I was getting a rate of $302 pp for a cabin with 2 people on a date the was clearly marked with the purple 3rd and 4th sail free. When I plug two more into the room the first and second pax shot up to 602pp and then third and 4th free. I had this happen in multiple cats.

Never heard of that before, what ship/date/categories did you try?

Btw I get that they all play this game and I too was excited and said ok it'll make it close to the price of the other two I'm looking at. Same itinerary, same dates within day or two.

I wish they just lay it out straight up, all lines. But yeah I get the ole bait and switch everyone does it. Hohum...

I actually was questioning this myself and called NCL yesterday. I was getting a rate of $302 pp for a cabin with 2 people on a date the was clearly marked with the purple 3rd and 4th sail free. When I plug two more into the room the first and second pax shot up to 602pp and then third and 4th free. I had this happen in multiple cats. So really you are still paying for persons 3 and 4 no matter how you slice it. Even she couldn't tell my why the rates changed. For the cruise it would cost more then Disney which was shocking to me usually they are crazy overpriced. I really wanted to get on NCL but I am stumped by their pricing methods.

Where can you book a Disney ship for less than $1200 for 4 people. Must be a 3 day cruise if such an animal exist.

I am certainly not a proponent of NCL or their pricing but $1200 for 4 people doesn't seem to be crazy overpriced even if it is for a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Bill

I'll go back and pull the couple of dates I tried and post them. I really would love to try NCL so I was pretty bummed when I saw that. There was originally only two but now I'm got a third interested and thought ok np and then whamo! But will post the dates ASAP.

Third and fourth passenger rates always vary and are different from the first and second passenger rates, and often depend on how fully booked your specific sailing is at the time you are looking to book. Usually these rates are less than the first and second. But with this promotion it seems that NCL hiked up the third and fourth passenger prices so that with 1/2 off, you're really not getting any kind of deal. So in a way it's deceptive since these rates aren't easily found, but it's technically not wrong or a scam. I think the KSF promo is really only a steal if you find a sailing that's actually 3rd/4th sailing FREE, and not 1/2 off - that's what we did and we saved $1000!

Like - this is what we did. We moved our ahead one week to get the 3rd person free. And in that case, no deposit for the 3rd was required.

Edited by DebJ14

Well ok then I take back all I said! LOL Seriously that is what I saw the day I called, which is why I called and the rep, who btw was super nice, took screen shots because she was seeing it too and was just as stumped.

So today going back and doing the same thing I get what I wanted, prices for pax 1 and 2 and pax 3 just the port fees and taxes. And I think it is now 100% comparable to a few others I am considering. Yay!

So the help desk must of fixed something. We saw the same thing on a couple of dates in a few of the cats. I just checked on 3 dates I'm looking at and all seems well now. Must of been a glitch.

On to the decisions and I hate making them....

Well ok then I take back all I said! LOL Seriously that is what I saw the day I called, which is why I called and the rep, who btw was super nice, took screen shots because she was seeing it too and was just as stumped.

So today going back and doing the same thing I get what I wanted, prices for pax 1 and 2 and pax 3 just the port fees and taxes. And I think it is now 100% comparable to a few others I am considering. Yay!

So the help desk must of fixed something. We saw the same thing on a couple of dates in a few of the cats. I just checked on 3 dates I'm looking at and all seems well now. Must of been a glitch.

On to the decisions and I hate making them....

Thats good its now fixed.

About that Disney cruise for under $1200. Any info on that? Dates, ship, etc?

Thanks

Bill

The issue can be the cabins are different.

Check the grades for 3/4 and price them for 2.

Edited by insidecabin

The issue can be the cabins are different.

Check the grades for 3/4 and price them for 2.

Are you saying that there is sometimes a $300pp price difference in different inside cabins?

So I could be in the cheapest inside cabin at $302 pp but the best inside cabin is over $600?

I've heard of $60 -$80 difference but that seems like a lot.

If I had to pay that much difference I'd opt for an outside or balcony.

YMMV

Bill