Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

I didn't sign up for Verizon's Smart Rewards until recently and haven't been chasing the gift cards all that long. I hadn't seen the RCCL certificates before. From what I saw on it looked like some people were doing a grab and go on the Carnival cards, just wanted to let everyone know to look closely at them so someone didn't grab a bunch of certificated that they didn't want.

I have seen, I think it was cards from Celebrity before, which were pretty much like the RCCL certificates, new bookings only.

For those of you that have been curious about what happened with this issue:

Just FYI, I got my order of the $500 cards a couple of days ago (Sept. 29th), and one of them had no value. I called and am now waiting for a resolution. I'll let you all know how it turns out...

The issue was resolved today, Oct. 22nd. To make a long story short, I am receiving a refund for the purchase amount and the points used during the purchase.

For those of you that are interested in how it was taken care of, here is what happened:

I telephoned the Customer Service number and spoke to a very pleasant representative. After looking up the order, and listening to my issue with the $500 card having no value, she took all of the information and told me it would be sent to their investigation team. She also told me it could be up to 15 days before I heard back.

Having heard nothing by October 15th, I telephoned again and spoke with another representative who looked the order up and told me that the issue was still being investigated, but should be resolved within 5 business days.

Today, the original representative telephoned me back with the results of their inquiry. She explained that Carnival reported to them that the card had been used for the full value of $500 on Sept. 28th. She said that since the card was not in my possession until September 29th, it was obvious that I had not used it. She told me that she wanted to just issue a new card and send it out, but they currently have no $500 or $100 cards, so they would refund my purchase to the credit card that it was purchased with (while that hasn't happened yet, I have no doubt that it will).

I didn't think to ask about the points used for the purchase, but a quick check of the account shows that the points have already been refunded to my account.

So, for what it is worth, always check your cards balance when you get them in case someone has managed to "hack" the number and use it. Another suggestion if you are getting more than one order and putting the cards together, write the card numbers (at least the last 4 digits) on the invoice so you know what order the card was in, as that is important in their ability to follow up on any problems.

While I wish that they had been able to replace the card, I'm satisfied with their response, was very pleased with the interaction with their representatives, and wanted to pass that on to all who were interested.

Edited by Rod in Az

For those of you that have been curious about what happened with this issue:

The issue was resolved today, Oct. 22nd. To make a long story short, I am receiving a refund for the purchase amount and the points used during the purchase.

For those of you that are interested in how it was taken care of, here is what happened:

I telephoned the Customer Service number and spoke to a very pleasant representative. After looking up the order, and listening to my issue with the $500 card having no value, she took all of the information and told me it would be sent to their investigation team. She also told me it could be up to 15 days before I heard back.

Having heard nothing by October 15th, I telephoned again and spoke with another representative who looked the order up and told me that the issue was still being investigated, but should be resolved within 5 business days.

Today, the original representative telephoned me back with the results of their inquiry. She explained that Carnival reported to them that the card had been used for the full value of $500 on Sept. 28th. She said that since the card was not in my possession until September 29th, it was obvious that I had not used it. She told me that she wanted to just issue a new card and send it out, but they currently have no $500 or $100 cards, so they would refund my purchase to the credit card that it was purchased with (while that hasn't happened yet, I have no doubt that it will).

I didn't think to ask about the points used for the purchase, but a quick check of the account shows that the points have already been refunded to my account.

So, for what it is worth, always check your cards balance when you get them in case someone has managed to "hack" the number and use it. Another suggestion if you are getting more than one order and putting the cards together, write the card numbers (at least the last 4 digits) on the invoice so you know what order the card was in, as that is important in their ability to follow up on any problems.

While I wish that they had been able to replace the card, I'm satisfied with their response, was very pleased with the interaction with their representatives, and wanted to pass that on to all who were interested.

How did you know the card had no value? How did you check the value?

How did you know the card had no value? How did you check the value?

If you google "Carnival gift card check balance" it will give you the link to input the card number and the pin (which you will have to scratch off the card to see). I don't think I can paste the link here, but I will give it a try:

https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/balanceinquiry.aspx

Is there WAY TO CHECK THE VALUE WITHOUT A PIN #

If you have a cruise booked, you can check the balance by going to the "My Cruise Details" page.

Under the "My Billing" tab, you will see a "Make a Payment" button. Once you click on the button you will be taken to a "Payment Information" page. About half way down the page you will see "Use a Carnival Gift Card".

Once you click on "Use a Carnival Gift Card" it will display a text box where you can enter as many cards as you want (one at a time individually) without the PIN to check the balance.

5251d0fe6919983c90b80ddb3b46cd63.jpg

Once there, click on the ""Check Balance" button and it will display the balance beneath the text box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rod in Az

So, for what it is worth, always check your cards balance when you get them in case someone has managed to "hack" the number and use it.

It's for this very reason that I immediately apply the cards I get to my booking. I don't want them sitting around and find out at some later date that one or more got hacked. Much safer for the funds to be sitting with Carnival.

It's for this very reason that I immediately apply the cards I get to my booking. I don't want them sitting around and find out at some later date that one or more got hacked. Much safer for the funds to be sitting with Carnival.

Yup. I agree. I used to hold them and still do for the ones I get for obc because I have no choice. But those I get for payment are applied right away. And I check the balances on every one as soon as I receive them.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Can I use these to call in and prepay my gratuities? I can't find a place online to pay gratuities like I do with NCL

Yes you can. When I booked my Carnival cruise, I had the option to add prepaid gratuities to the booking but I didn't select the option at that time. As far as I understand, there is no where on the website to add gratuities to an existing booking so I called Carnival and prepaid them with the gift cards.

If you have a cruise booked, you can check the balance by going to the "My Cruise Details" page.

Under the "My Billing" tab, you will see a "Make a Payment" button. Once you click on the button you will be taken to a "Payment Information" page. About half way down the page you will see "Use a Carnival Gift Card".

Once you click on "Use a Carnival Gift Card" it will display a text box where you can enter as many cards as you want (one at a time individually) without the PIN to check the balance.

5251d0fe6919983c90b80ddb3b46cd63.jpg

Once there, click on the ""Check Balance" button and it will display the balance beneath the text box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, how do you check the balance if the cruise is paid off? I am getting ready to order more but our cruises are paid off and I want to apply them to gratuities and then our S & S card.

So, how do you check the balance if the cruise is paid off? I am getting ready to order more but our cruises are paid off and I want to apply them to gratuities and then our S & S card.

Just go to book an excursion. When you get to the payment page, click on pay with a gift card then check the balance and back out.

The physical cards do have a pin# to use if you scratch off the Grey panel on the back. Then you can use the regular check gift card balance tool on Carnivalgiftcards dot com.

Just go to book an excursion. When you get to the payment page, click on pay with a gift card then check the balance and back out.

The physical cards do have a pin# to use if you scratch off the Grey panel on the back. Then you can use the regular check gift card balance tool on Carnivalgiftcards dot com.

Without going to a payment page you can also just go to the "check your balance" here!

https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/balanceinquiry.aspx