Grandeur of the Seas.. Park Cafe?

Is the Park Cafe on the Grandeur pretty much the same as on the Allure? We really enjoyed the salads and roast beef sandwiches on the Allure.

Similar offerings, different physical setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am going on the Grandeur this coming weekend, and looking forward to spending most of my days at sea in the Solarium area. I love that there is a park cafe there, and a bar, work out area convenient, too. I was on the Grandeur last year, and remember the Park cafe fondly. Didn't have a bad meal and found a table by the bar to enjoy lunch. :-)

The only BAD thing at Park Café is the huge number of people who take up table space reading their books or playing cards leaving little space for people who would like to enjoy their meal. The crew disliked it too but were not allowed to say anything. It's a large ship, never could understand why those reading/card playing couldn't utilize other areas??

You are so right! It's become the game room for people who like card games. Even on the last night (heading back to Baltimore in December) when it was about 50 degre3es, half the tables were filled by card players and the mahjogg set.

Greetings from e Grandeur! We left Baltimore on Friday and currently in port in Florida. PC late night was not as bad as I thought it would be. They had deli sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs, nachos, some deserts (cookies, cheesecakes, etc).

At least for our cruise, it was always possible to find seating around, even out on the deck. We had lunch on the Windjammer when we came aboard and had no problems finding seating outside. Enjoyed a nice breeze on the pool deck and met a ton of great people.

Is the Park Cafe on the Grandeur pretty much the same as on the Allure? We really enjoyed the salads and roast beef sandwiches on the Allure.

It is a much smaller area. The food choices ( fresh to go cups, cookies and other dessert) are also less because of space. But they do have the am bagels, the lunch salads, and The Roast Beef Sandwiches!

Enjoy!

Smaller area, but same AM bagels, Salads, and Roast Beef Sandwiches!

Because of the limited space, there is not as much choice of the grab and go fruit cups, cookies, and other desserts.

Enjoy!

Starting on day 2 or 3 during the late night confit they served pizzas made to order from the salad station. You took your pizza from the salad station to the main station where they sent it back to the kitchen. Once it was done they called your number and you had your hot custom pizza. :)

Just got back yesterday from a Grandeur Cruise. I wasn't a fan of the Park Cafe. Never went for breakfast, the salads looked ok at lunch but the sandwiches were dry. The pizza, obviously frozen, was soggy. I never tried the make your own pizza they started about day 3 but I heard that was better however there is a wait. The wait staff there was slow late nights, the line would build up and it would take sometimes 20 plus minutes. I'd opt for room service for late night or stick to Windjammer during their hours.

As for the card players, I didn't mind them. Always a table somewhere. Some nights were windy, I think people wanted to play cards indoors by the pool. Perhaps the staff could mark off a section of tables and designate them for eating only but finding a table was never a problem.

Just got back yesterday from a Grandeur Cruise. I wasn't a fan of the Park Cafe. Never went for breakfast, the salads looked ok at lunch but the sandwiches were dry. The pizza, obviously frozen, was soggy. I never tried the make your own pizza they started about day 3 but I heard that was better however there is a wait. The wait staff there was slow late nights, the line would build up and it would take sometimes 20 plus minutes. I'd opt for room service for late night or stick to Windjammer during their hours.

As for the card players, I didn't mind them. Always a table somewhere. Some nights were windy, I think people wanted to play cards indoors by the pool. Perhaps the staff could mark off a section of tables and designate them for eating only but finding a table was never a problem.

Breakfast is one of our favorite times at Park Cafe. Quiet, not crowded, and decent food.

You are so right! It's become the game room for people who like card games. Even on the last night (heading back to Baltimore in December) when it was about 50 degre3es, half the tables were filled by card players and the mahjogg set.

My husband and I played cards several days on our cruise and I will tell you there is no place else on the ship to play. When the ship is sailing you can not play on the deck and all of the other tables and chairs are poorly suited to play cards.

[quote name='JadeB']Hey,
Hubby and I are going on Grandeur of the Seas in Oct. I keep reading about Grandeur of the Seas and I see Park Cafe keep coming up as another place to get food besides the Windjammer. Every ship I've been on didnt have a Park Cafe, if they did I dont remember. So my question is what do they serve there? When do they serve food too?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It is great- it is located right in the same area with the solarium pool. They have great made to order salads, premade chicken salad, tuna salad, roast beef on a kaiser roll, fresh fruit cups, etc. etc. I love going there for lunch!