Mobile Phone Connection with EE 4 G Sim

Bollinge

Does the EE Sim work on board X?

People say it used to work with WMS and Cellular at Sea when they were with Orange and T-Mobile, but now they have a new EE 4G Sim they are unable to connect.

Does the EE Sim work on board X?

People say it used to work with WMS and Cellular at Sea when they were with Orange and T-Mobile, but now they have a new EE 4G Sim they are unable to connect.

Just back from Eclipse Transatlantic. My EE 4G phone had no signal at sea.

EE has a roaming agreement with WMS (for £2 a minute!!) - but you may need to manually turn off "UMTS only" mode and manually network search to find it. (The WMS repeaters on the ships are regular old GSM.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife had the issue of not being able to connect on a recent cruise, so I've been looking to find out what the issue is. I found this post where the consensus is EE don't have a relationship with WMS any more, even though is some places and via their call centres they say the do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have failed on three previous cruises, and after much correspondence with EE established that they did not have the necessary romaing partnership agreements in place with WMS. These were there for both Orange and tMobile, but quite remarkably have not been taken over by EE as the legal entity that took over those two brands,

Contacting EE through normal channels provided lots of misleading and unhelpful information, eg trying to check the phone was enabled for roaming (stupid as the phone working perfectly well when in port!) and asking if the ship's mast was at fault (also stupid as I told them that O2 and Vodafone customers were having no issues getting a signal).