For airport lovers only

This programme visits the 10 most extreme airports on Earth, including an ice airport, a runway squeezed between skyscrapers and a landing strip carved into mountains. :eek:

60 mins

Saturday 16 May

Channel 4 8pm

Stevie:)

I could not think of a worse place than a airport. I endure them just so I can go on my holidays but that's it.

I could not think of a worse place than a airport. I endure them just so I can go on my holidays but that's it.
Agree k8ti! Last cruise we went from Southampton - very easy, train down from Oxford and a five minute taxi trip to the ship - very civilized!

Coming back from Genoa - a nightmare - horrid airport, even worse than Corfu and that is saying something :rolleyes::D

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Cruisin Linda, you are sooooo right about Corfu , just flew home from there yesterday (phew) ............ but worse of all is the insanity and caos at Sharm el Sheik airport. No info on which belt to collect cases, everyone just run up and down checking each belt in the hope of eventually recognising there luggage.

But gutted I missed the show, hope it is repeated. Been away on the Hellenic trip last week.

Oh But Is it....yes you are right. We were there yesterday too. I was told it was bad and it is. Is it only Thomson who make you stand in queues outside. At least it wasn't hot cause I think it would be unbearable,. Then theres the business of picking up your heavy case after it hasd been weighed. I wonder why they don;t just tweak the board to make it go onto the conveyor belt. So its another queue and when you do get to the passport check in- chaos again. And nowhere to sit. Even the queues when you do board the plane are awful.