Splitting an Onboard Credit

DreaminofOz

I was on a cruise where all the OBC was on my account. I went to Guest Services to get it split. I was told it couldn't be done. I just paid for $50 worth of purchases for her.

Last year I had the same situation. My husband and I had OBC which my husband wanted split. Guest Services did it for us. We wound up with separate accounts. I think with anything else it depends on who you deal with.

Just booked a cruise today and me and my BFF both received the $100 OBC offer and my PVP set it up as a split. $50 for her and $50 for me as it is per cabin.

We have done this numerous times.

That is great to know. We have some coming up, and I would like to split it out. If it is only one S&S account for the room, I don't see how that works, like for the kids. But splitting between adults in same cabin with separated S&S's (and credit card/debit card setups) seems doable.

Am I missing some component to the thoughts above?

Thanks.

Edited by eponym

Automatically split between passengers 1and 2. They won't put on a dif person. I had $100 OBC from certificate. They would not put it on my acct and my son, passengers 1&3. They put on my friend and I, 1&2. Even tho my son was linked to my acct and cert in my name.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With splitting the obc, in most cases its in the name of the primary cruiser. To have it split equally, or divided by any part (50/50, 60/40, etc.), both cruisers must go to guest services to have the money divided. The GS rep. will verify the S&S accounts of both S&S card holders, verify the amount being split, and in what percentage or amount, and swipe both S&S cards to complete the transaction. I have had this happen twice, once for $100 or $50 for both, and once for $480, or $240 each.