Red Stripe Beach

must2cruz

Anyone been to Red Stripe Beach lately? Starting to plan for our cruise in February with a stop in Falmouth. We just want some beach time near the port and a cold beer..............okay maybe two. We understand it is a RCCL private beach and we book it on the ship. This is our 4th time to Jamaica. Thanks in advance!

Edited by must2cruz

We'll be there Thursday, I'll post pictures!

Hi,

I'd love to know also:) Can't decide on which beach.

I was looking at Burwood and Time & Place with many mixed reviews. So anything recent will be a Big help.

Thank You!!

Have a great cruise:)

P.S. i'd also like to know how the Bar ,restaurant and bathrooms are~~~Thanx again

Edited by knots4crewzing

Red Stripe has clean bath and changing rooms, and a bar with $5 Red Stripes and $10 for jerk chicken, fries, and cole slaw. Chairs and float mats were $5. A couple shops but no vendors inside the boundaries. The beach was busiest between 10:30-12:30. We were there 9:45-2:30. It was never "too" busy. We enjoyed our time there. I took pictures, i can post a few when we're home if anyone would like to see them.

We too were at Red Stripe beach this last Thursday, but we had a slightly different opinion.

We paid $29 for each adult thru the ship (we were told it was the only way you are guaranteed admittance). We took a shuttle and we were there less than 10 min from the port. It is $5 to rent beach chairs. They also have floats for $5. Food ranges from $8-$10 and alcohol drinks are $5 each, soda $3. They had red stripe beer, pina colAdas, strawberry daiquiris and rum punch. Also, There is little to no shade to be found. We arrived shortly after 11 and by 1130 they had run out of piña coladas. Ok- not a deal breaker even though the beach had only been "open" for a couple of hours, but I was surprised. However, I wondered if there was poor planning all the way around when I went at noon to buy a hot dog and they had run out of those too.

The beach was nice but honestly ...it was pretty dirty as we walked further than the immediate area of all the chairs. There were empty bottles, lots of single shoes, food containers and other trash all along our walk.

I don't like to be completely negative about anything so I won't say it was bad but I wouldn't go again. The restrooms and changing area were clean! Bottom line, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it a great recommendation.

If you have any specific question I'll be happy to try and answer!

We've been to Jamaica four times in the last two years. We've done the Blue Hole, Hilton, Red Stripe, and a van tour to Montego Bay and Drs Cave. We had younger nieces and nephews along this time and were looking for a short drive to a beach for the kids to play/swim and not have to pay the all inclusive price. This fit the bill, not perfect but worked for what we needed. We also got there early so we had a shade tree. I didn't see umbrellas available anywhere. Wish there were a few more beach options available around Falmouth!

There was someone waiting for the return bus with us who had just bought a pina colada at 2:30. Maybe they got more supplies?

I asked them if they would have more later and they said no. Well as they say in Jamaica - no worries.

We had wanted to explore other places as well but didn't want the long drive either. Sadly, for $135 (we r a family of 5) it just didn't seem worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise on Freedom of the Seas and we went to Red Stripe Beach. It is not a good beach, a lot of seaweed. But the people there try hard to make it a good experience. The lifeguard found sea urchins and we could hold the female one. That was very cool! We tried the jerk chicken and didn't care for it. The Red Stripe beer was good! I wouldn't bother going there again. I would spend the money on a driver and go to Montego Bay and Dr Cave Beach.