Norwegian Getaway Cruise in October

Windstar786

Hello,:)

First time posting. We previously went on Norwegian Sky ( last fall) to Bahamas, now in October going on 7 day to St.Thomas, Tortola, Nassau on Norwegian Breakaway ( understand its really new) and we enjoyed our time on the Sky, and did some excursions. Please tell me ( those who have made this journey) What excursions are good on the Breakway to those places, St.Thomas, Tortola, Nassau ( we did go here before on the Sky) and what to avoid, also where the ship will port, is it a nice area, do we actually need an excursion or will it be lovely white sandy beaches where we dock, or within walking distance? Also, what places should we avoid, food places, etc? How much would we expect to spend on these islands? Anything else that would be helpful, is much appreciated. ;)

Welcome to the boards. This is a great place to get info about your cruise. Also you might want to reread your post, you call the ship the Breakaway in your post.

My wife and I will be sailing the Getaway, and NCL, for the first time in October as well. I have done a lot a research on here, and on you tube. We are planning on taking a cab to Morningstar beach in St. Thomas, doing NCL excursion in Tortola to Jost Van Dyke, and then staying on board in Nassau. I would suggest searching excursions on the NCL website. Once you found one that looks interesting go to you tube and search the excursion, beach, etc. It is a great way to get a feel for what you might be getting.

St Thomas: Champagne Catamaran and Snorkeling to St. John

Tortola: The Baths (Note: Do take anti-seasickness medicine prior to embarking the ferry to Virgin Gorda as it can be quite choppy. Many on our crossing were seasick.)

Nassau: Atlantis for the water park or Blue Lagoon for a beach day (much cheaper.) Otherwise, Nassau is a good day to stay on the ship as the port is a snooze.

At Nassau, we spent the day at Blue Lagoon Island and loved it. At St. Thomas we loved the day at Coki Beach where there water is clear and beautiful. They have all the amenities there chair rentals, umbrella, snorkeling gear, bathrooms, wifi and refreshments.