How to travel light on an Alaskan cruise

Geonerd

Thanks for the suggestion I checked into it. I was told by the princess rep that everyday the large case will be loaded and trucked to our next stop and to keep only our "needs" for the day in a daypack that we will carry with us. I was also informed that each passenger was allowed a large suitcase.

If I received false information from the rep (imagine that?!?!?), please pipe in and let me know. It would be a shock if we had to go 7 days with just a small carry on. I would NEVER be able to do that.

We were on HAL instead of Princess, but we were good with 1 large suitcase each (28") + a 19" carry-on until Fairbanks, where we given tags for the large suitcase to continue to the ship. The carry-on went with us to Denali for our overnight there. There isn't a lot of room on the train, so they ask folks to limit to a carry-on which went in the luggage compartment under the train. Our purse and HAL canvas tote was with us in the train seating area.

I couldn't imagine traveling for 11 days in a carry-on suitcase, and I don't normally do laundry on vacation. The only time I did was on our 21 day Med cruise on Grand Princess, we did one load of laundry in the self-serve laundry room.

Have a great time in Alaska, it is an awesome destination!