New to Carnival

jackie101

It's good for both, depending on time of year.

Coffee is included in price, unless you are talking about specialty coffees. I don't think they have a program for that.

They probably have picture packages. Take pictures at every opportunity. You don't have to buy any of them, and you have a better chance of taking the "perfect" photo(s) you may wish to purchase.

Your cruise will have a mix of everyone: families, partiers, elderly, newlyweds, singles... The Lido pool, nightclubs, and bars will have more of the partiers. If that is your crowd; hang out there. If that is not your crowd; find other areas.

There are no coffee or photo packages on Carnival.

You can buy speciality coffees a la carte and photos range from about $13-$22 depending on size. If you buy a certain number of photos they will give you a gift such as a frame or album.

When I sailed on Pride Feb of this year 2-22-15, there were photo packages. I think it was about $350 and that included every single picture they took, with the exception of private photo sessions. I think it also included the pics on a USB as well.

For specialty coffees, they had a card that you would get punched, something like buy 5 get 1 free ???

You won't regret it, New Year's cruises are the best! The ship is still decorated for the holidays, and everyone is generally still in the holiday spirit. We are in our late 50's and have celebrated New Year's on both Carnival and Royal, and much prefer Carnival's atmosphere. Loved the multiple parties going on throughout the ship, we liked the fact that we could move around from party to party throughout the evening. On Royal (Explorer), the celebration was limited to the packed Promenade, except for a for $$ private party in the Solarium.