Getaway Sail away festivities

ejkmomco

Can anyone please describe the sail away activities on the Getaway - specifically in terms of use of streamers/confetti/poppers (all brought into the ship - not supplied by NCL)? This type of fun was ok on our Disney cruise, but not sure on the Getaway.

Thanks for your advice/help!

I'd be interested in hearing about the sail away party on the Getaway as well. It was one my favorite parts of my 2 other NCL cruises (on the Jewell and Pearl). But I think I've heard there's not much of a sailaway party on the Getaway. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

There is a sailaway party - but, it's true that its not as exciting as I remember it being on my other cruises (granted, before I sailed the Getaway this past November, my last cruise was 10 years prior on Celebrity).... In fact, almost no one was up dancing and celebrating....it seemed like it was more for the kids, all the characters (spongebob and dora) are out there dancing, but not a whole lot else going on.

I'm going again next week - leaving Saturday the 30th....so I can update again if anything's changed when I return the first week in June :)

The big sailaway party takes place in Spice H2O, which is at the aft of the ship. There's loud music, dancing, lots of screaming by cruise staff about, "Are you ready to party?!!" and "Everyone get up and dance!!!!" over and over again. (That part is the same as the rest of the deck parties during the week.) That's about all I remember.