11 Suites available on upcoming GEM May 30

abbyar

Interestingly, there are 11 suites (5 - 2 bedroom and 6 - Penthouse), plus 2 Haven suites available for the May 30th sailing. Inside/Outside cabins went sold out overnight (so I'm assuming NCL will just not book). But, when I called the reservations line 2 days ago, they said they can't see any of the available rooms - for any number of people (although I can book my party of 4 online).

Any ideas when the upsell fairy makes the call? I'm surprised with only 11 days out they haven't made contact with anyone from our roll. I thought they upsell fairy started at 2 weeks out.

That's our sailing. Chances are the upsell fairy has been busy. However the number of people in the roll call is pretty small compared to the number of people on the ship so it's not surprising that they havent been called. I'm not involved in the roll call as it doesn't really interest me. If I get a call I'll post it, but I highly doubt that would happen as we are booked in a minisuite. My guess is that they would start with the pent houses and try to upsell to them? Those two bedroom suites are pretty tempting even at the current pricing.

We are also on that sailing, to bad we cant take that change to wait for an upsell on our suite there are only two of them on board and the book fast, would be nice to get a discount on that :) we booked as soon as walked into the house from our cruise last year.

The Roll call is pretty good compared to others 38 so far.

Marion

What's surprising is I figured NCL would pull down the suites once they started sending out upsells. There's the same number availalbe since May 1st, when some Haven suites moved around (someone must have upgraded to the 3 bedroom from a smaller one), and a 2 bedroom suite booked up. Otherwise the same.

Maybe they are waiting hoping they will sell at the current price? It is a lot of suites and honestly they want to squeeze as much $$$ out of those as they can. I think that sailings out of NYC NCL has the luxury of waiting to do the upsell. There is a large large population of people with disposable income right there living close to the port. Only thing not in NCL favor is that NY schools dont get out until the middle of June which probably explains it at least a little.

I've been watching the prices thinking maybe they will drop suddenly, but it would have to be a big drop for me to do it honestly. Id love to do a suite but we try to keep the price low so that we can do more vacations.

Interestingly, there are 11 suites (5 - 2 bedroom and 6 - Penthouse), plus 2 Haven suites available for the May 30th sailing. Inside/Outside cabins went sold out overnight (so I'm assuming NCL will just not book). But, when I called the reservations line 2 days ago, they said they can't see any of the available rooms - for any number of people (although I can book my party of 4 online).

Any ideas when the upsell fairy makes the call? I'm surprised with only 11 days out they haven't made contact with anyone from our roll. I thought they upsell fairy started at 2 weeks out.

It seems that upsell emails go out on the Monday two weeks prior -- 13 days before Breakaway and 12 days before Getaway sailings, for instance. So I assume they've sent out some emails for the Gem May 30 yesterday, as you've noted those cabins aren't moving themselves.

That's our sailing. Chances are the upsell fairy has been busy. However the number of people in the roll call is pretty small compared to the number of people on the ship so it's not surprising that they havent been called. I'm not involved in the roll call as it doesn't really interest me. If I get a call I'll post it, but I highly doubt that would happen as we are booked in a minisuite. My guess is that they would start with the pent houses and try to upsell to them? Those two bedroom suites are pretty tempting even at the current pricing.

Hey we have almost 800 posts. We're not THAT small! And we're actually very interesting.

Edited by BritChickBN1

Hey we have almost 800 posts. We're not THAT small! And we're actually very interesting.

That's right I second what Ginger said, we are a great group, we actually get along and some of us cruised together last year, and some of us booked this cruise because we are sailing with the same people. We are a very interesting and fun bunch :cool:

Marion

Just got an email from the upsell fairy!

$500 pp to upgrade to a penthouse, $750 pp to upgrade to a 2bedroom.

I need to call because our decision would hinge on whether the "pp" includes the children.

I am on this sailing with an inside room. They emailed me the option to upgrade to a mini suite for $500 or a standard balcony for $300. I'm not interested at that price, but hopefully some others will get some good offers.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hey I just got a call from the upsale Butterfly and we booked both GV for the price of an inside and all of our 38 group members are staying in both Suite and there we are doing our best to be uninteresting and boring ....und dann machen wir Bums falla :):):):)

Marion

Hey I just got a call from the upsale Butterfly and we booked both GV for the price of an inside and all of our 38 group members are staying in both Suite and there we are doing our best to be uninteresting and boring ....und dann machen wir Bums falla :):):):)

Marion

Ich bewundere Dich [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

So the reason I don't join the roll call is because my daughter is autistic. It's not that we aren't interested in socializing, it's that we really can't have tons of people around with her around and strictly social activities are not really something we have good luck bringing her to. That said she does well on the cruise ship (swimming, eating, walking, reading a book, kids club is touchy it really depends on how many kids are there, if it's crowded, she cannot go and even if not we only leave her there long enough for us to have a smidge of down time) but if we were having lots of acquaintances in and out, siting with people she doesn't know at meal time- it would be a bad time for her. Even the meet and greet would be rough. I debated joining it a few months ago and decided not to because sometimes we just come of as really rude in our avoidance of other people.

I just said the RC doesn't "interest me" as a way of skirting the issue and not having to deal with it. Since I noticed that some of you felt the need to say something about it I would just come out and say it.

M and Bring Chick, you crack me up. Since I will be staying in the T.V. with all of you I just wanted to let u know that a play a mean version of "chopsticks!" If I find someone to play too may I use the baby grand?:p

So the reason I don't join the roll call is because my daughter is autistic. It's not that we aren't interested in socializing, it's that we really can't have tons of people around with her around and strictly social activities are not really something we have good luck bringing her to. That said she does well on the cruise ship (swimming, eating, walking, reading a book, kids club is touchy it really depends on how many kids are there, if it's crowded, she cannot go and even if not we only leave her there long enough for us to have a smidge of down time) but if we were having lots of acquaintances in and out, siting with people she doesn't know at meal time- it would be a bad time for her. Even the meet and greet would be rough. I debated joining it a few months ago and decided not to because sometimes we just come of as really rude in our avoidance of other people.

I just said the RC doesn't "interest me" as a way of skirting the issue and not having to deal with it. Since I noticed that some of you felt the need to say something about it I would just come out and say it.

You said that the reason nobody has been called could be that our group is small compared to numer of passengers on the ship......?not so, over 38 members with over 800 posts, really can't call that smal,and people have been called,so to blame not being called on the size of the group, well that's just wrong.

Marion

You said that the reason nobody has been called could be that our group is small compared to numer of passengers on the ship......?not so, over 38 members with over 800 posts, really can't call that smal,and people have been called,so to blame not being called on the size of the group, well that's just wrong.

Marion

I have nothing to do with that sailing but am keeping an eye out for a last minute deal.

Marion, 38 people out of 2500+ passengers is a small percentage. (1.52% actually, based on 2500 people, less than that if more people sailing. ) The number of posts on your roll call doesn't make your group any larger. So whether people received a call or not, that is small sample of that cruises population.

No need to attack people when they are making a fact based observation.

Have a fabulous cruise.

Edited by AEckhardt

Thank you for pointing out that 38 out of 2400 is a small amount, I just stated the fact that our group is quite large compare to others, and only said so because someone pointed out the we had a small group, I didn't attack anyone just responded to a post.Thank you.

That's right I second what Ginger said, we are a great group, we actually get along and some of us cruised together last year, and some of us booked this cruise because we are sailing with the same people. We are a very interesting and fun bunch :cool:

Marion

I will agree to that. :D:D